Combustoneer Model 77B

Hosscat

Post by Hosscat » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello every one ..
I have a Combustneer model 77 B and the coal Hopper is getting very bad around where the Motor sets on .. Does anyone have a place or a Link that sells the hopper for this model stoker ? or maybe the measurements ? The way it is it is very hard to measure and be sure it would be right .. I think I have a Guy that could build one if I can get the Measurements ..

Thanks so much

Hosscat

[email protected] :D

rockwood
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Lump and stoker + Blaschak-stove size

Post by rockwood » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Hosscat wrote:the coal Hopper is getting very bad around where the Motor sets on
Is the hopper rusted through or motor mounts worn from vibration? Tell us exactly what's wrong with it.
I don't think you can buy a new hopper for this furnace but you could contact Wilburt
**Broken Link(s) Removed** and ask.

Here are some more contacts for parts etc. for these furnaces....They are very knowledgeable on these furnaces.
Pease Feed & Coal 307-754-3757 Ask for Michael.
Stokerworks 435-749-2675 Ask for Annette.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 3:43 pm

since this is a Bituminous stoker I'm gonna move this to the Bituminous coal section..

I don't think you will have much luck finding a new part.. having one made will probably be your only fix..

Can you post some photos of the hopper and the bad area?? maybe someone will have some ideas or suggestions.

Berlin may have a parts stove? or know of one or someone with an old stock of part..

Greg L

Hosscat

Post by Hosscat » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks guys
its rusted from Moisture being in the coal .. I will try to Post some Pictures soon ... this stove is in use we have it "Patched" with Tar .. and so far so good !!
I saw this Post .. Who is this ? "Berlin may have a parts stove? or know of one or someone with an old stock of part"

Thanks for all the Help ...

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Rust in that area is very common on those stokers that have been heavily used with wet coal. what I've done to fix a few is cut out that area, bend some 13gauge steel and screw it all back together while sealing with some high temp silicone. should be good for another 30 years.

I don't even want to think about what that part would cost from will-burt if it's even available. if you wanted a whole new hopper any welding/steel shop should be able to make you one pretty easily. as far as the measurements go, you're going to have to dissassemble the whole unit anyway to install the new one, why not do it now, take the hopper off and take it to whoever will be building a new one so they can copy exactly what you have.

Hosscat

Post by Hosscat » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Berlin
I thought someone might have the measurements all ready wrote down some where .. I am still useing the stoker ..maybe it will make it this winter and then I can take it apart .. I sent will-burt a e mail .. But I am sure it will be Monday or later before I hear anything Back from them .. I am wanting to see if they have one and what the price will be .. I will be sure to let every one know if I get a reply In the mean time I will keep looking for for a Hopper and keeping my fingers crossed !!

Thanks again !!

The Kentucky Hosscat!!

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sat. Nov. 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Try these Guys to might beable to help you with parts & info

http://www.peasefeedandcoal.com/Stokermatic.html

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”