Hardins Using More Coal

wyowa

Post by wyowa » Sat. Jan. 16, 2010 2:27 am

Hi. I have started using more coal than I was, could this be account of a finer coal than I had before. Also getting odd clinkers. Ash is coming out 3 different colors , white,grey and black. have not adjusted air or feed till today. slowed feed up a bit.

Attachments

ashes.jpg
.JPG | 163.2KB | ashes.jpg

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jan. 16, 2010 6:32 am

When ever there's any sudden change to how a coal device burns I think "Clean it". Passages and pipes blocked with ash can cause all kinds of issues.

rockwood
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Lump and stoker + Blaschak-stove size

Post by rockwood » Sat. Jan. 16, 2010 10:50 am

Are you now using the coal you mentioned in this other thread?
Hardins up and Running
What percentage of fines is there? Stoker coal should have less than %25 fines to work properly. Using coal from a different source could be the reason for using more coal. It would help to get your coal from the same source so you won't have to change anything with the stoker.

wyowa

Post by wyowa » Sat. Jan. 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi, yes I think it needs cleaned some, the coal is from same source but this load is higher in fine pecentage than before. Im using about 55 gallaon drum shy of a tone a week. Still have to get return ducted to house. I went with finer grind this time as had auger blocked before from to large of chunks. Trying to get 3/4 in standard size. Cant get stoker coal anyplace close to here so am using powder river basin coal. Have been mixing in anthracite in but It burns only about half before feed dumps it. clinkers are hard to see in the picture bt are fused and ring shaped.

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”