Hardins up and Running

wyowa

Post by wyowa » Tue. Dec. 29, 2009 6:05 pm

I went to the mine today and it only took the wife and I about an half hour to load 1.2 tons.($23.50)Found out if I show up a little later in the day the early birds who want large lumps back their trucks and trailers over the pile and makes it easier for me cause iI only want the smaller stuff anyway. I wanted to try local coal before went all the way to Sheradin for stoker coal. Mostly wallnut size and the biggest I got was coconut sized. A few wacks with chipping hammer and instant stoker fuel.

Attachments

coal load.jpg
.JPG | 120.7KB | coal load.jpg

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Fri. Jan. 01, 2010 3:37 pm

wyowa wrote:I went to the mine today and it only took the wife and I about an half hour to load 1.2 tons.($23.50)Found out if I show up a little later in the day the early birds who want large lumps back their trucks and trailers over the pile and makes it easier for me cause iI only want the smaller stuff anyway. I wanted to try local coal before went all the way to Sheradin for stoker coal. Mostly wallnut size and the biggest I got was coconut sized. A few wacks with chipping hammer and instant stoker fuel.
Where do you get bit for 23.50?

wyowa

Post by wyowa » Sat. Jan. 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi, I got it from Antelope Mine in the powder river basin

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Sat. Jan. 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Wow, good stuff! Wish I could get a load of the Hard stuff, for that price :cry:

wyowa

Post by wyowa » Sun. Jan. 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi, All
Quick question, Does the hold fire option cause the stove to run for just a bit to restock the burn pot and ring ? Is it based on a temp setting on one of the limit switiches? One of mine has a dual dial one side for hight limit and the other has 2 pointers set about 90 and 120 .

artie

Post by artie » Sun. Jan. 03, 2010 6:57 pm

very handy to have a mine nearby lucky lucky :D

rockwood
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Lump and stoker + Blaschak-stove size

Post by rockwood » Sun. Jan. 03, 2010 8:15 pm

wyowa wrote:Hi, All
Quick question, Does the hold fire option cause the stove to run for just a bit to restock the burn pot and ring ? Is it based on a temp setting on one of the limit switiches? One of mine has a dual dial one side for hight limit and the other has 2 pointers set about 90 and 120 .
I'm not familiar with the Hardin but maybe it's like Stokermatic/Firetender.... the 90 and 120 being temperatures when blower (not stoker/draft fan) kicks on and off. The blower would turn on when the temp. sensor hits 120 and shuts off when temp.cools to 90 and the high limit is to keep the heater from overfiring/getting too hot. I may be wrong on this but that's the way it is with the stokers I'm familiar with.
The hold fire setting on the Stokers I'm familiar with doesn't run by temperature but by a timer that turns the stoker/FD draft fan on for maybe 5 minutes per hour or so to keep the fire from going out.
Hope this helps.

wyowa

Post by wyowa » Sun. Jan. 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi, thanks I can not locate anything resembling a timer. control box has a relay that connects to the limit switches and also to the thermostat leads. When stove gets up to operating temp this relay opens and allows thermostat to take over . That's the trouble its a used stove no paper work and no instuctions. Just playing it by ear so far

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”