Coalbrookedale stoves

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. Feb. 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Any of our forum members using Coalbrookedale stoves?

Please post pictures and your experience/knowledge of their history.

I hear these are no longer made.

Lanternhillplants

Post by Lanternhillplants » Sun. Feb. 20, 2022 12:52 pm

Hi please look at my post from December 21,2120 at 1.33pm..
I have been burning a Coalbrookdale Darby in the photo since 1990 on my 32nd year.....
Parts are tough to get, as I have gotten some about 5 years ago directly from the foundry in Great Britain, they are one heck of a stove probably one of the most solid and forgiving coal burners made. I load it every 12 hours and forget about it it requires no extra tending. Easy is the word! I do burn wood in the shoulder months. But it is really a coal burner. Any questions please ask I will try my best.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sun. Feb. 20, 2022 7:47 pm

I did read it. Just looking for more information from anyone in general. Whatever anyone else has to offer about them.

Wal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Deville 600 , Colombian stove works morning star nu22
Baseburners & Antiques: Red Cross garnet mica baseburner double heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite / smokeless ovoids
Other Heating: Gas central heating / antique cast iron radiators

Post by Wal » Mon. Feb. 21, 2022 6:43 am

Hi , I used to have a coalbrookdale Severn multi fuel stove . It was built like a tank , thick cast iron , the only reason I sold it was to buy a American mica baseburner. It used to produce plenty of heat , and although the Severn and Darby were made in the uk 🇬🇧, they were if you manage to track down the original brochure it stated it will heat a medium sized American home . BTU rating were around 50,000 for the Severn , and 55,000 for the Darby . The Severn was really easy to light and control it was a great stove . If you manage to track one down make sure it isn’t the one with the boiler fitting attached . You want the stand alone heater . Parts are available on eBay in the uk 🇬🇧. I bought a complete new set of riddling bars there , + I changed out the glass windows all you need can be bought there . The Severn is all cast iron and weights in the region of 500lbs so make sure you have a couple of strong 💪 lads to help you lift it !!. I have a couple of pics of when I had mine .

Attachments

46F13AC6-813D-4991-90CE-B10B9FE4ECF6.jpeg
.JPEG | 721KB | 46F13AC6-813D-4991-90CE-B10B9FE4ECF6.jpeg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Feb. 21, 2022 7:39 am

Damn W---"E-Bay in the UK"--never figured ya for a POET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”