beautiful design of stoves over the years

WESOman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: WESO HSK125C
Other Heating: Oil-fired hot water boiler

Post by WESOman » Sat. Nov. 13, 2021 3:58 pm

I know beauty adds nothing to functionality but who can avoid the eye grabbers of years gone by. I came across this company today while researching something. They all appear to be wood burners but they have a line of classic designs. I bet the price is an attention grabber also.
https://www.lacastellamonte.it/en/

gardener

Post by gardener » Wed. Nov. 17, 2021 9:05 am

those are some beautiful stoves, wonder how much those go for, the antiques in that style I have seen are in the teen-thousands asking price, some (full size ones) in the tens of thousands

WESOman

Post by WESOman » Wed. Nov. 17, 2021 9:22 am

I agree. I think they are show pieces for the well-to-do, not alternative heating methods for those trying to save a buck. No stoves are cheap when bought new, especially when you consider possible chimney modifications and peripheral expenses. It takes a little while for a wood or coal stove to pay for itself and unlike automobiles, there seems to be no aftermarket industry supplying stove specific repair parts once the stove gets old or the manufacturer goes out of business. STILL, you gotta admire the sheer eye pleasing beauty of something that is also functional.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Nov. 17, 2021 1:23 pm

Hey W--what's a peripheral expense?????????????????????? Damn, I'm old & I too am lookin for some repair parts!!! LOL

LeoinRI
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fonderies de Lion
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: J.S. Peckham Chicago #10, Weso, Our Glenwood 111, Sougland Excelsior 183

Post by LeoinRI » Wed. Nov. 17, 2021 6:11 pm

Not sure of Italian prices, but for example the French gravity fed ceramic pellet stove shown in the video below is $5474 exiting the factory.
Of course, these can be "totally personalized" for your home.

and wood fired models

Another high end producer: https://www.ceramique-regnier.fr/

WESOman

Post by WESOman » Thu. Nov. 18, 2021 7:26 am

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Nov. 17, 2021 1:23 pm
Hey W--what's a peripheral expense?????????????????????? Damn, I'm old & I too am lookin for some repair parts!!! LOL
All the crap like stove pipe, flue dampers, heat shields etc that you need to actually set up a stove.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Nov. 18, 2021 7:38 am

Just playin W--hell, I'm lookin for a couple of complete feet!!!! LOL It's all a process my friend. :)

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”