Best Coal for My Godin 3720

gadabout3
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Petit Godin 3720
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite- Nut Size
Other Heating: Ptopane

Post by gadabout3 » Sat. Jan. 04, 2020 8:31 pm

I had been burning Reading coal for the three weeks until last weekend when I drove for an hour and 20 minutes to pick up some Blaschak Nut Coal. It seemed all I did was fiddle with the stove to keep it going and the Reading coal had so much iron in it, I had to clean out the firebox once a week to get rid of the clinkers. I am not fond of TS or Reading Nut coal. I have 4 bags of Reading Nut Coal cut open in my livingroom now trying to dry it out. After burning Blascak Nut Coal for 1 week I am absolutely spoiled. For my money that is the best coal I have used so far. My proof came last night when I loaded my stove up with Reading Nut coal in an effort to get rid of the last few bags I have. I loaded the stove up, turned it to slow burn through the night. I woke up this morning and my stove had gone out. In cleaning out the firebox this morning there was nothing but clinkers in the stove. I will never buy anything but Blachak Nut Coal from now on, no matter how far I have to drive to get it. It burns cleaner with a minimum of dust in the bottom of the bag, there is nothing but white powder ash when I shake down the ash and No clinkers. Lehigh wasn't bad, but my experience is that the Blaschak is better all around, plus I get it for almost a dollar less on the bag than either Lehigh, TS or Reading.

kweis

Post by kweis » Sat. Jan. 25, 2020 10:19 am

What is your burn time with the Blashak in the Godin?

gadabout3
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Petit Godin 3720
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite- Nut Size
Other Heating: Ptopane

Post by gadabout3 » Sat. Jan. 25, 2020 11:53 am

I get about 12 hours burn on 20 lbs. of coal. I try to maintain it's burn at about 500°.
I had to install a barometric damper because I have such a strong draft.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”