Godin 3720- Having T Cleanout Fabricated

gadabout3
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Petit Godin 3720
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite- Nut Size
Other Heating: Ptopane

Post by gadabout3 » Tue. Dec. 03, 2019 12:45 pm

After searching everywhere I could think to find a Black 4" T Cleanout 24 guage pipe. I have been having trouble with the elbow out the back of the Godin 3720 loading up with ash and blocking the outlet. Finally in frustration, I called a metal fabrication shop within 5 miles of my house.
I found out it is not all that expensive to have a T manufactured along with the cap for the clean-out. All of the T clean-outs that I could find on the internet are for pellet stoves so they are there for 26 or 28 gauge. The Godin being a coal stove needs to have 24 gauge pipe.
I had some extra pipe leftover of the 24 gauge black pipe, so my man is now working on getting me a t clean-out for my coal stove. I am so happy.
I can now clean-out my stove pipe once a week if I want to.
I will post exactly what this cost me since I provided the material, it will only be the labor.
Hopefully it won't be prohibitive. At any rate, I believe in putting things together properly to save headaches down the road, so it will be worth it.

Dee

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Dec. 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Where there is a will, there is a way. You can now have the part that fits on the stove made a little larger if you want..

gadabout3
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Petit Godin 3720
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite- Nut Size
Other Heating: Ptopane

Post by gadabout3 » Wed. Dec. 04, 2019 11:39 pm

That's something I hadn't thought of.
I was finally able to find Cleanout T that fits the Godin 3720 in Anchorage, Alaska. Shipping is a little high sinceI am in the Midwest, but I went ahead and ordered it.
I think I am going to go forward with have one fabricated also since they are nearly impossible to find and as you have said, I can have it made a little bigger. I like that idea. I am having trouble at present getting the time to go to the metal fabrication shop because of the long hours I am working, but I think it would be wise to go forward with having an extra one fabricated.
Thank you for your input franco b.

rubyarcox

Post by rubyarcox » Wed. Aug. 18, 2021 6:52 am

Usually cleaning once a week is enough.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”