Another Godin

KaptJaq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Godin 3721 Le Grand Rond
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Nut

Post by KaptJaq » Wed. Feb. 08, 2017 9:02 pm

joeq wrote: That barrel must be 1/4" cast iron.
Don't even know the model number or year is yet.
While I'll guess all the paint has worn off the tag at the bottom back of the stove the model number should be stamped on the left side near the middle of the tag. Probably 3720 for a French made petite Godin (if it is less than 75 years old), 3730 for the Canadian version . Same basic stove has been manufactured for well over 125 years and are still made in France. It is probably an older one if it has the cast-iron barrel.

Great little heaters.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Mar. 12, 2017 11:28 pm

I guess I should conclude this thread by saying I passed this stove to a good friend, who will probably be using it as a decoration. He already owns a combination stove, and burns wood most of the time, but coal during what he considers the cold spells. And he's satisfied with the results. He hasn't the need to operate this Godin, but likes the style, and will put a nice shine on it to display for purely cosmetic reasons.
When we unloaded it off my truck, we started blowing out all the rodent crap that had been accumulating in the combustion chamber for...years? It was disgustingly filthy, but amazingly once clear the grate and push rod actually operated correctly. Even the brick liner was in good shape. I thought it had potential to run, "until" we spotted some severe rot on the barrel, along with a big crack on the rear heat exchanger. And I was also impressed that the ash pan was still in place....until we battled removal, and found it so far rotted, it only had 3 sides. So, yeah, it could be brought back to life, with some time and work, which neither of us were willing to commit to. So a carport queen is what it'll become, for a while anyway. Because it's such a good looking stove, I'm happy we've at least prevented it from becoming scrap metal. So to all the Godin enthusiasts, let's call it a "partial" victory.
The end. :)

Pedro
Coal Size/Type: Godin 3721

Post by Pedro » Wed. Dec. 26, 2018 11:49 am

Dear I am looking for several parts for my Godin 3721, you mentioned someone have a Godin for $100 dollar, may I know the email or phone number to contact this person?

Diggerdan1456
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut
Other Heating: Propane forced hot air

Post by Diggerdan1456 » Wed. Dec. 26, 2018 5:21 pm

What is your location? Have a godin 3721 sittings in garage

Pedro
Coal Size/Type: Godin 3721

Post by Pedro » Wed. Dec. 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Williston, Vermont

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”