Efel Bayard Hopper

Serge
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak nuts

Post by Serge » Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 11:14 am

Just installed a used Efel Bayard, wich gives real good heat stability. This stove is easy to control and seems reliable, to heat my 22 x 36 garage, instead of expensive propane. Wandering if somebody can answer my question about the hopper; the hopper is assembled in 2 pieces but one is longer of about 2 inches than the other, and can be positionned one way or the other, does the longer pieces goes in front or in the back? Your help will be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

efel premier feu 003.jpg
.JPG | 75.5KB | efel premier feu 003.jpg
efel premier feu 001.jpg
.JPG | 112.8KB | efel premier feu 001.jpg

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 6:23 pm

I have what I think is the same stove. Mines a Nestor Martin Efel Bayard and Im told Surdiac is involved in it too. Mine looks the same.

Anyway, the longer one is towards the front. If Im wrong Ive been doing it wrong for over 3 years and that is possible. After that time the front of my hopper is about worn out and cracked but I hope to get one more year out of it.

If you ever get tired of the panes of glass and want a one piece, send me a private message and i'll hunt for the right size for it as I ordered one. not cheap. You'll really like the side door for poking around.

heres a diagram of the stove and parts list. Theres more then one page. Its basicly the same stove as yours only without the fancy top.
http://shop.euroheat.co.uk/Spares/77/1/Harmony-3- ... 86-65.html

Serge

Post by Serge » Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 6:58 pm

warminmn wrote:I have what I think is the same stove. Mines a Nestor Martin Efel Bayard and Im told Surdiac is involved in it too. Mine looks the same.

Anyway, the longer one is towards the front. If Im wrong Ive been doing it wrong for over 3 years and that is possible. After that time the front of my hopper is about worn out and cracked but I hope to get one more year out of it.

If you ever get tired of the panes of glass and want a one piece, send me a private message and i'll hunt for the right size for it as I ordered one. not cheap. You'll really like the side door for poking around.

heres a diagram of the stove and parts list. Theres more then one page. Its basicly the same stove as yours only without the fancy top.
http://shop.euroheat.co.uk/Spares/77/1/Harmony-3- ... 86-65.html
That's what I taught "warminmn" it's installed now the longer one in the back, I realise that a lot of ashes stay in both front corners without fire and could not be reached with the slicing tool, installed your way, the flowing coal from the hopper will not move front as easy, is that could be the reason for designing the hopper this way?

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 9:44 pm

I think your right in your thinking, plus to keep coal off of the glass. But like I said I could be wrong too. this is the way mine was delivered when new. I ran my hopper up a little higher by putting a gasket under the lip but removed that a couple weeks ago as my hopper is slowly wearing away from the heat.

Serge

Post by Serge » Wed. Feb. 26, 2014 8:11 am

I realy appreciate your reply, Thanks

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”