Jotul 507B, To Own One is to Be in Love

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Wed. Jul. 08, 2015 3:25 pm

JRLearned wrote:I think the Worcester craigslist add above was mine. I was looking to sell my Jotul 507 a couple years go. Never got a single inquiry. Now I'm looking to rehab the firebrick and get it going again. I'm so friggin tired of dealing with my Chubby Stove shaker grate.
I think you will find the best and cleanest and fastest shaker on a Glenwood Modern Oak or similar. The Glenwood is well thought out and even has a little sliding window so only one shaker spindle is exposed at a time to prevent dust escape. The ash pan is in a recessed compartment and if the pan is lifted out no dust escapes.

JRLearned

Post by JRLearned » Thu. Jul. 09, 2015 12:26 am

franco b wrote:
JRLearned wrote:I think the Worcester craigslist add above was mine. I was looking to sell my Jotul 507 a couple years go. Never got a single inquiry. Now I'm looking to rehab the firebrick and get it going again. I'm so friggin tired of dealing with my Chubby Stove shaker grate.
I think you will find the best and cleanest and fastest shaker on a Glenwood Modern Oak or similar. The Glenwood is well thought out and even has a little sliding window so only one shaker spindle is exposed at a time to prevent dust escape. The ash pan is in a recessed compartment and if the pan is lifted out no dust escapes.
Fantastic franco, where can I find one, and how can I get parts for it? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Jul. 09, 2015 7:30 am

A GW Modern116 on CL got posted here yesterday it is the biggest of the 3 sizes...but no back pipe (high exit model) and may need refractoy lined b4 coal. :idea: If not already ruined w/ coal used and never no liner.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Thu. Jul. 09, 2015 9:18 am

JRLearned wrote:Fantastic franco, where can I find one, and how can I get parts for it? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.
If it needs parts I would not buy it. They do come up on craigslist from time to time. In newer stoves I would favor the Hitzer 50-93 which has rocking grates as well as hopper and thermostat to control air. They also are sometimes available used.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”