Franco B, I Need Some Info...

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 8:38 am

franco b wrote:It's true I used to really study the old Sears catalogs. I have four of the old reprints and five of the newer ones (not reprints) including the last big catalog which I think was in 1991.

Very educational, from looking at ladies in girdles as a teenager to following the changes in fashion, price, and thought in everything from tools to to almost anything you could think of. Social anthropology as it happened.
Interesting Franco! That iconic book does actually show a rather large swath of the social morphing of our species from Victorian through to modern times. I find it fascinating to see the "speed", width and breadth of change as technology kicks in.

musikfan6

Post by musikfan6 » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 11:34 am

OK. Thanks!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Sorry guys, nothing better then looking at BOOBS when I was little in the good old National Geographic :oops:

musikfan6

Post by musikfan6 » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 1:32 pm

freetown fred wrote:Sorry guys, nothing better then looking at BOOBS when I was little in the good old National Geographic :oops:
Do you think there were any kids at all that WEREN'T fascinated by those classic pictures in National Geographic?? It's pretty scary that that's all we remember those magazines for....... I could have cared less about anything else except those pictures- they were such an oddity and a chance to see something you would never have seen in real life at that age..... :D

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Only thems that grew up to be a little, how do I say,?? different Back in the good old don't ask, don't tell days--ooo-rah BO I think my Dad actually read the articles--silly old guy. :P

musikfan6

Post by musikfan6 » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 9:55 pm

freetown fred wrote:Only thems that grew up to be a little, how do I say,?? different Back in the good old don't ask, don't tell days--ooo-rah BO I think my Dad actually read the articles--silly old guy. :P
:D

Yes, some people actually read those boring articles. Not me! Even now as an adult, whenever I see a National Geographic, the first thing I think about is all those tribal people with no clothes on. Crazy! But I do remember taking out those really nice world maps and unfolding them and looking at them as a kid- but they made no sense to a 6 or 7 year old!

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”