Need Parts/ Pictures of Franco Belge 10.375

aducarab
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520

Post by aducarab » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 12:10 pm

I recently bought a house with 2 cola stoves. Both Franco Belge 144.08.02 and 10.375. the 10.375 is the one with the issue right now. I have been trying to find parts for it. The front cover is just a lid-like cover made of sheet metal. It is warped and looks to be missing a latch that may hold it in? I have not been able to find any pics of this model online. The closest pics have been the model 10.1475/10.475 which I have seen a few people have but the only pic Ive seen is a small avatar pic.

Basically, Im trying to find where/how I can replace this door or find any possible missing latch that might hold it in. The door is warped/bowed. so I have to lay a heavy log against it to keep it sealed.

Here are some pics. Can anyone provide any helpful information?
<removed dead image link>
Last edited by aducarab on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: <removed dead image link>

MURDOC1
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark 3 Top Flue

Post by MURDOC1 » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Aside from Woodsman parts plus there is a stove shop in Alburtis, Pa., K.C. Stove and fireplace, from what I know they were one of the original Franco Belge importers/dealers in Pa. and possibly even the U.S... They may be the ones to call, ask for Kevin, he deals with all the coal stove parts etc... I have 2 144.08.02's also and they have been able to locate parts for me before...

Other option is find another stove like yours used on craigslist etc... I have seen many of that model on there before and they bring short money all day long... You need the correct door, I don't think the one in the picture is what belongs on that stove, I could be wrong, but looks like something someone made on a box break to cover the opening...

Murdoc

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 4:00 pm

**Broken Link(s) Removed**
Is this what you are looking for? Pretty cheap for spare parts and a spare stove! Don't know if its close enough for you though.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 4:53 pm

What you have is a temporary cover made for use when starting a fire to prevent the glass of the door from smoking up. You are missing the proper door. The hinge pin holes can be seen in one of the pictures.

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Here is a picture. Two Franco Belge stoves, one upstairs and one down is an ideal setup. Both stoves can be run at a mid range setting and you would be hard put to find anything more efficient or easier to tend.

Attachments

610 IMG_2852b.jpg
.JPG | 189.2KB | 610 IMG_2852b.jpg

aducarab
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520

Post by aducarab » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Thats an awesome find. Im going to pick them up. Cant hurt having spares.

I didnt think that was the proper door. its such a PITA to check the coal cuz its gets so hot.

Just a side thought, but how do you guys go about disposing the ash? and how often do you guys find yourselves having to fill the hopper/ empty ashe? Ive hard ours lit for about a week and I find myself doing both once a day, and racking it several times a day. Is that normal? After getting lit, I keep it at dial setting 3(which 1-3 doesnt seem any differetn cuz the door is shut anyway.)

Are there any accessories/ other parts you can add to these stove to help 'blow' the heat throughout the house verses just letting physics do its thing?

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 11:02 pm

aducarab wrote: Just a side thought, but how do you guys go about disposing the ash? and how often do you guys find yourselves having to fill the hopper/ empty ashe? Ive hard ours lit for about a week and I find myself doing both once a day, and racking it several times a day. Is that normal? After getting lit, I keep it at dial setting 3(which 1-3 doesnt seem any differetn cuz the door is shut anyway.)

Are there any accessories/ other parts you can add to these stove to help 'blow' the heat throughout the house verses just letting physics do its thing?
With the right door you will find a lot of difference between 1 and 3 on the dial. Raise the hopper to the highest setting, in your picture it is one notch down too low. At moderate settings and output, about 25 pounds of coal per day, you can go 12 hours or more between shakes. for higher outputs you will have to shake every 8 hours. Top off the hopper after every shake. Empty ash pan once a day. You should also have a slicing poker to clear ash through the three slots on front of stove by shaker handles, if shaking alone does not do a thorough job. Be sure to close slots by returning shaker handles to right.

I use bagged coal and empty ash into empty bag inside metal can and once a week throw away at recycling center.

There are a lot of posts on this forum concerning air distribution for you to read. Just remember you can't get the hot air to go where you want without getting the cold air to return to the stove. It's a two way street.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 11:58 pm

aducarab wrote:I recently bought a house with 2 cola stoves. Both Franco Belge 144.08.02 and 10.375. the 10.375 is the one with the issue right now. I have been trying to find parts for it. The front cover is just a lid-like cover made of sheet metal. It is warped and looks to be missing a latch that may hold it in? I have not been able to find any pics of this model online. The closest pics have been the model 10.1475/10.475 which I have seen a few people have but the only pic Ive seen is a small avatar pic.

Basically, Im trying to find where/how I can replace this door or find any possible missing latch that might hold it in. The door is warped/bowed. so I have to lay a heavy log against it to keep it sealed.

Here are some pics. Can anyone provide any helpful information?

<removed dead image link>
I have a 10-375 also a victory 700 yo can have both of them for parts the 10-375 need some internal parts like grate
frame and hopper front and back plate also need new hopper brackets 700 needs more parts and cleaned up take 100.00 for both or 75 for one Have manual for 10-375 PM for more info

N2wly
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Franco Belge 10.275
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by N2wly » Mon. Nov. 16, 2020 8:20 am

MURDOC1 wrote:
Thu. Dec. 23, 2010 3:48 pm
Aside from Woodsman parts plus there is a stove shop in Alburtis, Pa., K.C. Stove and fireplace, from what I know they were one of the original Franco Belge importers/dealers in Pa. and possibly even the U.S... They may be the ones to call, ask for Kevin, he deals with all the coal stove parts etc... I have 2 144.08.02's also and they have been able to locate parts for me before...

Other option is find another stove like yours used on craigslist etc... I have seen many of that model on there before and they bring short money all day long... You need the correct door, I don't think the one in the picture is what belongs on that stove, I could be wrong, but looks like something someone made on a box break to cover the opening...

Murdoc
Hello I have been there and dealt with them in PA when they were a Franco dealer and have been to the store recently to get gaskets for mine. Very nice people to deal with but no longer sell Franco Belge stoves or have parts.

Ultralume
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Vigilant II, Godin 3720, Godin 3731
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut and Stove Coal

Post by Ultralume » Thu. Nov. 19, 2020 10:11 pm

N2WLY...Ham call?

N2wly
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Franco Belge 10.275
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by N2wly » Wed. Nov. 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Yes it is a ham call.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”