Franco B 10.275 Spring and Fall Ques.

brfrompa

Post by brfrompa » Mon. Nov. 01, 2010 11:44 pm

I've heated with my 10.275 for, let me see, 5? years now. Spring and fall are such a pain. Has anyone shook down just one great instead of both to cut the output? I don't want to try that move if everyone but me knows it is the stupidest idea ever. I have an affinity for stupidest-ideas-ever.

Just an note. I just really rooted around in the exhaust manifolds and pulled out a half gallon of ash. Started my first fire tonight and it is HOT. Now I need to get new door gaskets!

My 10.275 is a real trooper. A bargain used and I was "in the black" with it my very first year.

Nice forum, all, thank you.
Brent

buck24
Hand Fed Coal Stove: New Buck Corp. / MODEL 24 COAL
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut / Anthracite

Post by buck24 » Tue. Nov. 02, 2010 12:42 am

It is not a stupid question and yes there are people that will unhook one grate on there stove to give them less heat at certain times of the seasons. You would be getting less BTU' s out of the stove with that type of set up and burning less coal also. Your burn time would be reduced so you would have to take that into concideration.

brfrompa

Post by brfrompa » Tue. Nov. 02, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks Buck,

I forgot about burn time issues. (and that grate wasn't spelled "great", too, apparently)

I already have problems commuting to NJ and getting back in time to keep things going. My son helps a LOT but isn't always around.

Since it isn't totally crazy I'll try it when the alternative would be letting it go out anyway.

Thanks again,
Brent

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Nov. 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Keep the side with the thermostat going.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”