Surdiac Coal Stove

jnagurn

Post by jnagurn » Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 9:55 am

Do old stoves have any value? I am trying to get rid of one and found that they are of good quality. However, I do not know much about them and the stove has not been used for two years since my mother bought the home. It apepars to be in great shape.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 10:48 am

Of course. Surdiac is a good one too. Selling it could net $200-$600 maybe more. It really depends on location and demand.

To be honest it has more value right where it is as the savings from using it one year would exceed anything you could get for it.

Local papers and flyers should give you a handle on what the price ranges are in your area if you really want to sell it.

You may want to post a picture, some details about it and your location on this site, we all have friends that are looking to save. It could be gone in a hurry.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 11:00 am

You may want to include pictures of th inside, if the grates and other parts where the firebox is are in good shape (not warped or cracked) then you should esily get $500 or more I would think. I'm not familiar wioth that brand but it looks like a franco belge which is good stove too but the back fireplatye has a tendency to warp if used improperly.

Never really priced used coal stoves but that is what I would think something like that would be worth considering the prices of new ones. You may want to look around the forum, you may decide to keep it. :)

jnagurn

Post by jnagurn » Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 11:07 am

I put a basic picture of the unit in the classifieds on this website. In the Lehigh Valley, I do not think many people using coal for heating compared to more northern locations in PA. I came within 5 minutes of calling a scrap guy to come pick up the stove before I found the website.

I have heard that the model is top of the line for this manufacturer from Belgium.

I should take additional photos of the inside but I don't even know how to identify the parts that you stated. Perhaps I could just open the front door and take some pics..
Last edited by jnagurn on Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jnagurn

Post by jnagurn » Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 11:07 am

Double post sorry

jnagurn

Post by jnagurn » Mon. Dec. 04, 2006 11:11 am

coaledsweat wrote:Of course. Surdiac is a good one too. Selling it could net $200-$600 maybe more. It really depends on location and demand.

To be honest it has more value right where it is as the savings from using it one year would exceed anything you could get for it.

Local papers and flyers should give you a handle on what the price ranges are in your area if you really want to sell it.

You may want to post a picture, some details about it and your location on this site, we all have friends that are looking to save. It could be gone in a hurry.
Wow that would be great if you knew anyone interested in it. It is just too much work for my mom and she replaced it with some fancy electric fireplace or something....

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”