Purchased a New Used Red Jotul(Pics)

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 4:33 pm

I have been looking for a red Jotul to go along with my two green ones for some time now. Most all of the stoves I have looked at were green and had been overfired. I found a used red one in new condition for sale in CT and I just picked it up this past weekend. The stove is in beautiful condition. It was worth the six hundred mile round trip I had to drive to get the stove. The stove will be pressed into service this winter along with my green Jotul. Freddy, I hope you enjoy the pictures. I've included a couple different pictures of the stove. If anyone would like more pics of the stove, just let me know. Enjoy.
the snowman.

Attachments

DSCN2416.JPG
.JPG | 55.6KB | DSCN2416.JPG
DSCN2407.JPG
.JPG | 180.3KB | DSCN2407.JPG
DSCN2406.JPG
.JPG | 155.5KB | DSCN2406.JPG
DSCN2404.JPG
.JPG | 131.7KB | DSCN2404.JPG

devon570

Post by devon570 » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 5:15 pm

It looks good love the colour it will look good with the green one how much did you pay for it :?:

the snowman

Post by the snowman » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 5:42 pm

I paid $350 for the stove. I would have paid higher. I have only seen a couple red Jotul stoves for sale over the past couple years. The stove is in mint condition. Wish I could power vent it.

the snowman.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 7:30 pm

It's a beauty! Is that the one that was on Ebay?

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 7:36 pm

These are the nicest little stoves I have ever seen. One of these days, I'll get one. The Red one will look great, between the green ones, around the holidays.
Congrats!

sharkman8810
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 82 ul
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by sharkman8810 » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 8:05 pm

That is a very nice looking stove.

the snowman

Post by the snowman » Tue. Aug. 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Coalkirk:

I don't know if it was on ebay. I found this one on craigslist. A friend of mine e-mailed me that they had seen it listed on craigslist and knew I was still looking for one. The owner and I e-mailed back and forth and then talked on the phone and negotiated a price which was lower than his asking price and one that made me drive the distance to CT. It is in better shape than my green one and that one is in great condition. This one looks like it is new. It is a new used stove. It has had wood burned in it. I don't think Jotul made any other colors besides the red and green. If they did, I might have to start looking for other colors. I have to put up a chimney for this one. Still deciding which way I want to go with the chimney. I am still entertaining the idea of power venting it with a power backup for the power vent. Any thoughts?

The snowman.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 2:57 am

I saw it on craigslist and had a good vibe about it but I had just brought back a new stove from PA.
Glad that someone who will give it TLC got it.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 5:35 am

Well worth the trip.She's a beauty! Even still has the "This is hot while in operation, you idiot" tags on it. Beautiful! I wish my green ones were in that good shape. Thanks for showing us!

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 9:11 am

Great looking stove, the christmas colors ! I can see catching the jotul bug. my buddy has the morso bug and yesterday I picked up this ole girl. a close neighbor to norway I guess.
**Broken Link(s) Removed** it wasn't a hard decision for twenty bucks.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for a jotul tho as they look like the best! 8-)

Attachments

IMG_1048.jpg
.JPG | 108.9KB | IMG_1048.jpg
IMG_1049.jpg
.JPG | 159.7KB | IMG_1049.jpg
Last edited by Poconoeagle on Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 9:12 am

If CT. wasn't so dang far, I would have bought it myself. He had it on Ebay for $450.00 and didn't get any bids. Mansfield Center, CT. It looked like it was in really good shape. I'd build the chimney. Power venting not ideal for this.

There's another guy in West Harford Ct. who has had a green one for sale for over a year. He's asking $795.00. I think he's dreaming or he really doesn't want to sell it.

the snowman

Post by the snowman » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 9:54 am

Coalkirk:

It was a good thing that you live to far away from this stove. I just went on ebay and I see the one your talking about. They do not have any pics of the interior of the stove. I see there is another green one for sale on ebay. It is located in bucks county, PA. The buy it now price is $599. I looked at the pictures and it is not worth one dollar. The pictures show the enamel to have severe bubbling and cracking. The rest of the stove doesn't look to be any better. It is too bad someone abused such a good performing stove. I have been entertaining the idea of power venting the Jotul due to the fact that it would be easier to install the power vent than put up a chimney. The next decision: through the wall or roof. I am leaning towards through the roof. It presents the least number of problems I would have to deal with in order to put up a chimney.

the snowman.

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 11:34 am

the snowman wrote: I see there is another green one for sale on ebay. It is located in bucks county, PA. The buy it now price is $599. I looked at the pictures and it is not worth one dollar. The pictures show the enamel to have severe bubbling and cracking. The rest of the stove doesn't look to be any better.
I think that one has been out on Ebay for a year now. I had it saved in my "Watching" list, but the seller never came down on the price. Yep, its been over-fired. :cry2:

the snowman

Post by the snowman » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 3:57 pm

I wish I could say that I have the chimney up and the red Jotul hooked up and running so I could post some pics of it running, however, not yet. I did have to start the green one this afternoon. The house had a damp coldness to it and the temps are suppose to be down to the low forties to high thirties tonight, so I started the stove and it now has a full load of coal burning. Wow, I thought I was on a roll; two weeks without the stove burning 24/7. I guess that is over for now. My plan is to put the chimney up by the end of Sept. It will be done just in time to have that one running 24/7 as well. I think I love the smell of a coal stove running. The wife is happy that the house is not so darn cool.

the snowman.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Wed. Aug. 26, 2009 7:52 pm

What's with the three doors? Bottom one must be the ash pit. Middle one is where you load the coal? But why the door at the top? How high do you fill it with coal?

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”