Weso gasket and glass replacement

gina
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso Ceramic Radiant Heat Wood and Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by gina » Tue. Feb. 06, 2018 11:14 am

Hi All --

I have a Weso ceramic radiant heat stove. I think it is an HCK 125c. I broke a single pane of glass so need to replace it. Portland Glass is going to do that, although they've never seen a Weso. I'm a little worried about getting the screws out, as they are rusty. I'll spray them with WD-40. I also have a missing screw, so will need a replacement for that. Finally, while this is being done, I'm going to have them replace the gasket, which looks shot. So, I'm looking for general advice and dimensions.

Does anyone know:
The type and size/gauge of the gasket
The type and size of the screws on the inside of the door that hold the plate and glass in?
The type, size, and thickness of the glass panes? I found a 3/16" spec on the Internet, but don't know if that's right. I assume I can just have Portland glass cut a piece of standard stove glass, but if I'm wrong, please let me know!

Any and all advice welcome!
Gina

BlackHeat62
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso 125 (old style)
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal, TSC
Other Heating: Wood

Post by BlackHeat62 » Mon. Nov. 26, 2018 10:59 am

Wondering if you were successfully able to replace the glass in your Weso? I have a Weso 125 (old model), and had to replace the stove glass in it. I ordered a custom-size piece of neoceramic glass (believe it was from OneDayGlass.com), and it has worked quite nicely.
Gasket size...I ended up with 1/4" standard rope gasket, as I just couldn't get it back together with a bigger size.

ashleyg
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso 125C Ceramic

Post by ashleyg » Tue. Mar. 05, 2019 9:57 am

Hi there,

I had a similar thing happen last night. Do you have the dimensions of the glass you purchased to replace as well as the gasket?

Thanks in advance.
A

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Fri. Mar. 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Be advised if you do get the screws removed they are most likely metric thread. Before reinserting removed screws the cooper color anti-sieze is you best freind for next time. With frozen screws you can try heating them with mapp gas and then possibly vise grips on the head and go loose, tight, loose tight, loose again and try to finess the frozen ones out. My old Buderus had similar glass and gaskets.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Fri. Mar. 08, 2019 8:18 pm

the below entry is the same as above just changed the last sentence. :oops:
2001Sierra wrote:
Fri. Mar. 08, 2019 8:17 pm
Be advised if you do get the screws removed they are most likely metric thread. Before reinserting removed screws the cooper color anti-sieze is you best freind for next time. With frozen screws you can try heating them with mapp gas and then possibly vise grips on the head and go loose, tight, loose tight, loose again and try to finess the frozen ones out. My old Buderus had similar glass and gaskets. The individual panes are there as a purpose.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”