Weso gasket and glass replacement

gina
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso Ceramic Radiant Heat Wood and Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post By: gina » Tue. Feb. 06, 2018 11:14 am

Hi All --

I have a Weso ceramic radiant heat stove. I think it is an HCK 125c. I broke a single pane of glass so need to replace it. Portland Glass is going to do that, although they've never seen a Weso. I'm a little worried about getting the screws out, as they are rusty. I'll spray them with WD-40. I also have a missing screw, so will need a replacement for that. Finally, while this is being done, I'm going to have them replace the gasket, which looks shot. So, I'm looking for general advice and dimensions.

Does anyone know:
The type and size/gauge of the gasket
The type and size of the screws on the inside of the door that hold the plate and glass in?
The type, size, and thickness of the glass panes? I found a 3/16" spec on the Internet, but don't know if that's right. I assume I can just have Portland glass cut a piece of standard stove glass, but if I'm wrong, please let me know!

Any and all advice welcome!
Gina

BlackHeat62
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso 125 (old style)
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal, TSC
Other Heating: Wood

Post By: BlackHeat62 » Mon. Nov. 26, 2018 10:59 am

Wondering if you were successfully able to replace the glass in your Weso? I have a Weso 125 (old model), and had to replace the stove glass in it. I ordered a custom-size piece of neoceramic glass (believe it was from OneDayGlass.com), and it has worked quite nicely.
Gasket size...I ended up with 1/4" standard rope gasket, as I just couldn't get it back together with a bigger size.

Return to “Imported Hand Fired Coal Stoves Using Anthracite”