Thank You All

broughy84

Post by broughy84 » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 10:39 am

Hello, been a member here for a while. Ive got a HotBlast 1537g. 8the season heating with it. Burnt coal one season, had a tough time with it, went back to wood. This winter is the first one since my job change and unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to gather as much wood as I would have liked. I decided to try coal again. Luckily for me, I've been able to obtain some coal to try from my friend of mine on our Fire Department for free. He works in a strip mine in Daviess County Indiana. I've been burning this different coal for about a week and at first I started to have a problem with sooting. Horrible horrible sooting. So I ventured back and did some reading and searching and more reading and more searching. I had already moved my combustion fan from the back to the ash door and added fire brick to the sides above the original brick, so there is some modifications done. I finally started playing with my secondary air. BINGO!!! I've still got some soot, but nothing like before! You guys are awesome and I love some of the mods you've all done. Gonna have to do the liner mods and see how next year goes!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 11:29 am

Nice B, glad you're gainin on her:)

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 4:18 pm

I have the the Clayton 1537g which is the same model with a different name. Click the link in my signature to see some of the mods I did to achieve success with burning anthracite.. :)

Return to “Bituminous Coal Heating General Topics”