Where Do You Get Your Bituminous Coal and a Going Price?

Aron

Post by Aron » Sat. Dec. 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Howrd Kayle 814-229-7416 West of Shippenville on 322. South side of road, no sign. Look for piles of dirt close to road.
$50/ton mine run. Clarion vein.

Robby

Post by Robby » Fri. Jan. 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Purchased 5500 Kilo (12125lbs) yesterday for $222.45 Canadian including tax.
2"x2" bit. High volitiles, extremly low sulpher.
Easy to burn.

Robby

Robby

Post by Robby » Sat. Jan. 10, 2009 6:13 pm

There is a federal GST (goods and services tax) 5% on damn near everything. I think grocerys, kids cloths, maybe presciptions are exempt. Some province's also have sales taxes. Alberta does not. I kinda don't mind the GST if they leave income taxes alone. At least this way your only taxed on what you spend, not what you make. Private sales, (smaller stuff), not houses etc. are not taxable. That's only cause they know they can't catch you.

This last load of coal, larger, more uniform pieces, about 2"x2" to maybe 2"x3" made huge difference in ease of burning. basicaly just fill front half to the top, wait an hour, fill rear half, come back in 8 hours. I Like IT.

Robby

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Sun. Jan. 11, 2009 9:53 am

Westy wrote:
Robby wrote:Purchased 5500 Kilo (12125lbs) yesterday for $222.45 Canadian including tax.
2"x2" bit. High volitiles, extremly low sulpher.
Easy to burn.

Robby
Robby, which mine is that bit from? I have a friend who is a load broker, and may be able to arrange a backhaul into Ontario for me.

If my calculations are right that works out to about $37CAD/ton.
Hi Westy, I am a veteran truck driver of 22 years of experience. There is no such thing as a backhaul. If someone needs freight moved than they need to hire a truck. The word backhaul implies that someone is willing to work for a much lower paycheck than someone else. Now having said that, 37.00 a ton is an excellent price for bit, I live 50 km. north of Philadelphia, and will go in on some if you are interested. I can use about 2 tons. also Jeremysdemo from new Jersey is also interested in some bit. Pls. pm me if you want to share the cost. :) 2x2 is good but 4x4 or bigger is better in a hand fired stove.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Wed. Jan. 14, 2009 7:08 pm

we all appreciate the numerous sources posted for bituminous coal, keep them coming :)

It would make thread even more usefull, however, if the details and coalyard contact information was posted (provided they're known).

example:

"___________" coal yard/mine

"___________" mississippi

Phone # "_________"

address: "_________"

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Wed. Jan. 14, 2009 8:08 pm

OK,

"Premiun Processing" coal yard.

Phone # "888-248-2215

address: Mack ave, Middlesboro,KY

Hows that?

Bk

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Jan. 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Here is some info for Pa Bit coal you can call the mines/prep plant and ask them where there dealer's are or in most cases you can buy right from them. Also Penn Keystone sell's Bit coal & kimmel bags bit coal here is the info Penn &
Kimmel sell W.V. Bit .
**Broken Link(s) Removed**http://www.penncoal.com/default.php

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

zipdog

Post by zipdog » Tue. Jan. 20, 2009 10:22 am

For the people in east central Il or west central Ind you can buy coal at Black Beauty Coal in Ridge farm IL. $53.25 a ton 3 weeks ago. Mine run so a lot of fines. I had to sift it through some hardware cloth before I could burn it. It has been all I can find so far. I called over 20 places and they were the only that sells to the public. 8:00 AM to noon mon through fri .I would be willing to drive 150 mi or so for something better if anyone knows any place I can buy.

LARRY IRVING

Post by LARRY IRVING » Tue. Jan. 20, 2009 1:54 pm

I think I found a source in Elma NY. I am waiting a reply to see if it is Bituminous that thay sell.

Thanks again

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 4:25 pm

yes, rebos supply in elma does sell bit coal, but it's coking coal with unfavorable properties, and, last I knew, they were not selling it for a reasonable price; something like $350/ton. If you want good bit coal only a few hours drive take 219 south to punxsuatawney (valier) and go to valier coal yard in penn. they have nut bituminous for $75/ton - very good coal and one of the closest (reasonably priced) sources to the buffalo area that I know of. Tonawanda coke will also sell you coal, but once again it's met coal for coking and will cake horribly, trust me you don't want it unless you have a stoker and even then it's a pain.

I called rebos supply in elma this morning and now they're asking $380/ton picked up!! lol :roll:

LARRY IRVING

Post by LARRY IRVING » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Thanks for that info. The location in Elma said they only coal they sell is Anthracite so guess I will have to go to Penn to find something easier to burn.

I finally got the thing going today. I loaded it up yesterday and now it is glowing nicely in the front 1/2. I am finding it will not work well if it is below 20 degrees out side. The chmney must not be getting hot enough.
The stove pipe never gets real hot either when I burn coal, only when I use wood does it really heat. I have to leave the lower door open to get enough air threw it.

I am just about ready to give up on the coal

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 10:22 pm

I would say that your problem is Definitely draft/chimney related based on what you said. i'm not sure that bit coal will help much. wood tends to give higher exhaust gas temps which probably allows enough draft to burn properly, but with coal and lower stack temps the chimney setup you have won't allow enough draft. do you have any pics/description of your chimney? this might be easier to fix than you think. If you have any pics etc of your chimney/venting setup, start a new thread on it and we may be able to help

Putt

Post by Putt » Thu. Jan. 29, 2009 2:15 pm

N.Illinois burners...

Price-Dale, Kewanee Illinois..
Illinois coal, 90 bucks a ton..
Yessir, good ol' mega sulfur, ash laden, (kinda like burning dirt) High Vol, Illinois
coal.. Make your neighbors happy, bring back that heavenly scent of burning Bituminous..
Gonna go pick up a couple hunnert' pounds and see how it burns... Ahhhh, the good ol' days...

Putt...

Sting
Other Heating: OBSO Lennox Pulse "Air Scorcher" burning NG

Post by Sting » Thu. Jan. 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Kewanee Il -- That's only 260 miles one way for me :?

heck -- bounce a little further down to Memphis == See Joe and bring back some parts to burn it with!

Hummm -- wonder if I can pack enough beer for that trip? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Putt

Post by Putt » Thu. Jan. 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Sting wrote:Kewanee Il -- That's only 260 miles one way for me :?

heck -- bounce a little further down to Memphis == See Joe and bring back some parts to burn it with!

Hummm -- wonder if I can pack enough beer for that trip? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is another dealer down by Farmington, IL that is selling Kentucky bit for (gulp) 290 buckeroos a ton..

Dang, I can buy bagged Anth. for close to that....

Aurora Il.... A&E Vacuum Sales,
Bagged Blaschek for 40 [email protected] a bag...

For you Iowa burners, Skei Coal and Salt in Ames...
Bagged rice and nut Anth for 9 dollars a 50lb bag..

Putt...

Return to “Bituminous Coal Heating General Topics”