Were Can I Get Bituminous Coal in North West New Jersey

kenwood820s

Post by kenwood820s » Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Looking for a Dealer in northwest jersey or northeast Pa for Bituminous coal to try.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 5:42 pm

I hope you're able to find someone, but you probably won't find anyone carrying decent heating bituminous coal in that area- there's little market for it with anthracite being so close. If you do find some, it will likely be "blacksmith" coal which is a high cokebutton bituminous and will be horrible to burn in a hand-fired stove such as your mark II. Forum member Dungeonmaster is somewhere over in that area, he usually keeps quite a bit on hand, perhaps he'll let you try some...

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Wed. Feb. 02, 2011 9:55 am

Berlin wrote:I hope you're able to find someone, but you probably won't find anyone carrying decent heating bituminous coal in that area- there's little market for it with anthracite being so close. If you do find some, it will likely be "blacksmith" coal which is a high cokebutton bituminous and will be horrible to burn in a hand-fired stove such as your mark II. Forum member Dungeonmaster is somewhere over in that area, he usually keeps quite a bit on hand, perhaps he'll let you try some...
I have a supply of Valier coal yard bituminous from Punxatawney, Pa. Yeah! Phil didn't see his shadow!!!! PM me and I will share some. :D :cheers:

santiael

Post by santiael » Thu. Mar. 10, 2011 9:09 pm

i live in central New Jersey where can I get bituminous coal? I want to give it a try.

Return to “Bituminous Coal Heating General Topics”