Were Can I Get Bituminous Coal in North West New Jersey

General topics about using bituminous coal for residential and commercial heating. Pros, cons, and where to get it.
kenwood820s
Stove/Furnace Make: Harmon Mark II

Post Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Looking for a Dealer in northwest jersey or northeast Pa for Bituminous coal to try.

Berlin
Site Moderator
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Will-Burt Combustioneer 77B
Coal Size/Type: Ohio BITUMINOUS pea stoker coal

Post Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 5:42 pm

I hope you're able to find someone, but you probably won't find anyone carrying decent heating bituminous coal in that area- there's little market for it with anthracite being so close. If you do find some, it will likely be "blacksmith" coal which is a high cokebutton bituminous and will be horrible to burn in a hand-fired stove such as your mark II. Forum member Dungeonmaster is somewhere over in that area, he usually keeps quite a bit on hand, perhaps he'll let you try some...
Burning western Pennsylvania Bituminous in WNY using model 77 stoker furnace. BITUMINOUS equiptment: 2 hand fired stoves of my own design, Many Combustioneer Model 77 stokers, stokermatic furnace, Many Will-Burt stokers, & and Two Iron firemen.

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post Wed. Feb. 02, 2011 9:55 am

Berlin wrote:I hope you're able to find someone, but you probably won't find anyone carrying decent heating bituminous coal in that area- there's little market for it with anthracite being so close. If you do find some, it will likely be "blacksmith" coal which is a high cokebutton bituminous and will be horrible to burn in a hand-fired stove such as your mark II. Forum member Dungeonmaster is somewhere over in that area, he usually keeps quite a bit on hand, perhaps he'll let you try some...
I have a supply of Valier coal yard bituminous from Punxatawney, Pa. Yeah! Phil didn't see his shadow!!!! PM me and I will share some. :D :cheers:
I am a free man. Free men and women are not part of a collective, we are individuals.

The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me... Ayn Rand

santiael
Stove/Furnace Make: coal stove
Stove/Furnace Model: coal stove

Post Thu. Mar. 10, 2011 9:09 pm

i live in central New Jersey where can I get bituminous coal? I want to give it a try.

Return to “Bituminous Coal Heating General Topics”