Free Burn

BunkerdCaddis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yorker WC-90 or more likely a Van Wert VW85H [to be installed (soon, very soon)(well not as soon as I had anticipated]
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford 105 pulling duty, Saey Hanover II getting dressed for the party
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post By: BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Dec. 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Have been playing with some Bituminous lately and have a nice little fire going in the fireplace working up to Christmas...
5dMkIII-6493.jpg
Free Burning Pitt Lump
5dMkIII-6494.jpg
Free Burning Pitt Lump
Just started it right on the grate.

corey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Buck Stove Hybrid
Coal Size/Type: Eastern KY bituminous

Post By: corey » Sat. Dec. 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Nice looking fire.

I like bit myself.

BunkerdCaddis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yorker WC-90 or more likely a Van Wert VW85H [to be installed (soon, very soon)(well not as soon as I had anticipated]
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford 105 pulling duty, Saey Hanover II getting dressed for the party

Post By: BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Had a nice little (actually not as little as that sounds) fire in the fireplace with some KY Blue diamond Bituminous during the Super Bowl. Member bksaun helped hook me up with it. It lit up pretty easy and when it would die down I'd hit it with a poker and we had fire again.
Dwayne-6925.jpg
Ky Blue Diamond Bituminous
Last edited by BunkerdCaddis on Sun. Feb. 10, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959Axeman Anderson130M, 1991Axeman Anderson130M, BairMatic BMC-500/Van Wert VA400 Stoker, down to 1Van Wert VA-600
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Pea, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post By: StokerDon » Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 9:15 pm

NICE!

-Don

AllanD
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HAND FIRED HARMON
Coal Size/Type: STOVE
Other Heating: Oil fired hotwater baseboard

Post By: AllanD » Sun. Feb. 10, 2019 9:14 pm

StokerDon wrote:
Sat. Feb. 09, 2019 9:15 pm
NICE!

-Don
I'm only replying to your signature with a quote you may like :)

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day,
but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"
(Terry Pratchett)

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959Axeman Anderson130M, 1991Axeman Anderson130M, BairMatic BMC-500/Van Wert VA400 Stoker, down to 1Van Wert VA-600
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Pea, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman

Post By: StokerDon » Mon. Feb. 11, 2019 5:56 pm

AllanD wrote:
Sun. Feb. 10, 2019 9:14 pm
I'm only replying to your signature with a quote you may like :)

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day,
but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"
(Terry Pratchett)
:lol:

AllanD
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HAND FIRED HARMON
Coal Size/Type: STOVE
Other Heating: Oil fired hotwater baseboard

Post By: AllanD » Mon. Feb. 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Glad you like it

BunkerdCaddis

Post By: BunkerdCaddis » Sat. May. 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Well, beyond burning coal in the fireplace during winter what else could you do :annoyed:
MoonRise over CoalFire.JPG
A most pleasant evening and moon rise over a coal fire
but burn coal in your outdoor fireplace while drinking a cold one as the moon rises on a most pleasant evening. :yes: A nice little fire made of some starter wood and mostly Pittsburgh Lump coal...

StokerDon
Site Moderator

Post By: StokerDon » Sat. May. 18, 2019 9:59 pm

NICE! Again!

Beautiful evening. I had a nice fire going in my Rocket Stove today. I burned the last of the leaves and a few sticks of firewwod.

Unfortunately, on this side of the river I can't see the moon rise because of the trees.

-Don

BunkerdCaddis

Post By: BunkerdCaddis » Sat. May. 18, 2019 10:54 pm

StokerDon wrote:
Sat. May. 18, 2019 9:59 pm
NICE! Again!

Beautiful evening. I had a nice fire going in my Rocket Stove today. I burned the last of the leaves and a few sticks of firewwod.

Unfortunately, on this side of the river I can't see the moon rise because of the trees.

-Don
Thanks Don, The moon only appeared for a little bit and then disappeared behind the clouds again. I did have to fight the smoke a little as the wind was from the south. The Pitt lump isn't terrible smelling like the Kentucky stuff is but it's still a bit over the top.

Return to “Bituminous Coal Heating General Topics”