My Pre Christmas Saga

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 9:06 am

billw wrote:I'm sure that 3 months is out of the norm. Premature failure happens occasionally. Now that I know I can buy from Grainger's I'll have to put together a list of goodies and get the brother in law to go shopping for me. That little escapade yesterday taught me well. I'll definitely have a spare motor here next week.
Bill all you would of had to do was take a ride down here and you would of had a new motor for free. They have a 1 year warranty I told you that almost a month ago when you first said the motor was making nose . So get in the car and bring down the bad motor and get a new one. It is that simple You can also pick up the rubber bushing aswell .The old ones
are better then the new ones .The new bushings have two little set screws on them when they loosen up they will take off
either into the fan housing bending the fan or aross the floor somewhere either way not good . The old ones are better
but they do wear out so pick up a few spares if and when you come down . By the way the A.O. Smith motors must of had
a bad run because you are not the only one that got a bad motor . efm knows about the problem because they got a few new ones set back to them . So bill get in the car and take a ride down it is only 60 minutes or less and gas is cheap now :lol: Have a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year .

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 9:11 am

Mark (PA) wrote:Hey Bill

LOVE the poem! I was thinking why is he wasting time on a poem... go fix the boiler.. haha. but I see ya had to work...

yea.. I hear that....

anyway glad you got a motor! lately its been COLD here. with temps of 0 and - 20's wind chill the old stoker has been getting a workout! probably what pushed yours to the limit!

I need to oil my motor. I have never done that yet....

Merry christmas to you too!
You only need to oil it once a year Your motor is a new motor that as a 1 year warranty on it . So if you start to hear it
make noise. Please do not wait like billw did. Take it off ship it down here and you will have a new one sent to you Have a Merry Christmas & A Happy New year ;)

billw

Post by billw » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 9:48 am

Yeah JC I know you told me. I got busy with other *censored*, put it off and paid the price. I'll call Steve after the holidays to exchange the motor, pick up some spares and a DHW coil. Have a Merry Christmas.

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 9:59 am

billw wrote:Yeah JC I know you told me. I got busy with other *censored*, put it off and paid the price. I'll call Steve after the holidays to exchange the motor, pick up some spares and a DHW coil. Have a Merry Christmas.
Will be Saturday morning if you want to take a ride down .

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 10:47 pm

Maybe we should carpool down Billw.

I need a longer auger and I'm tired of filling that drum. :D

billw

Post by billw » Thu. Dec. 25, 2008 10:59 am

cArNaGe wrote:Maybe we should carpool down Billw.

I need a longer auger and I'm tired of filling that drum. :D
Sounds good John. I can't go this weekend, to much company. The weekend after Jan 1 is good. Shoveling coal every couple of days sucks, doesn't it? You won't regret feeding directly from the bin.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”