Anti Puff Back Device for AA... Isn't Working

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Jan. 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Freddy wrote:Today I added another relay and voila! It's working!!!
Congratulations! And it's such a simple looking device!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Jan. 05, 2009 3:19 am

Devil, You're welcome. I'm glad you didn't actually build them, each of them had issues as time went on. As the birds age, the napkin causes a rash and way too much toothpaste is delivered! ;)
rberq wrote:it's such a simple looking device!
Simple as can be! It has the solenoid of course, and to drive it there's only two electronic delay relay timers, two standard 120V relays and one solid state 120V relay. Now that it's working I thought maybe I could do away with one timer, but no, it needs both or it goes into it's circle cycle. Now that the prototype is working, it would be fun to get it shrunk down & on a circuit board. Maybe with some luck it'll be like the intermittent wiper story. I'll just wait until someone else sells fifty million of them, then sue them for a royalty. I'm rich! I'm rich rich rich!

Complete Heat

Post by Complete Heat » Mon. Jan. 05, 2009 9:34 am

I have been running my AA130 for 2 months now, and no booms. I set every thing to factory specs, the chimney is a 6" Class A, interior chimney about 35' tall. I did NOT install a barometric damper as a test to see if it was really needed (it is recommended in an installation with a really strong draft, I have a great draft, but would not classify it as overly strong). The unit runs flawlessly. If I had a damper installed, I would try removing it first, as it will clear the burn chamber of gasses that much quicker by the increased draft without the baro. damper (which is what the "anti-boom device" will be doing when it is done), and see what that does for you (less strain on the brain), though it is interesting what you are doing.

Mike
Freddy- your last post was at 3:19 AM, you are like Doctor Evil operating in his secret lair :D

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post by stoker-man » Mon. Jan. 05, 2009 11:22 am

What an amazing wiring contraption. I would try to induce a coil with that massive electromagnetic field and run the well pump at the same time. :P

Would somebody please post an efm unit all wired up, in all its simplicity.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Mon. Jan. 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Freddy wrote:Maybe with some luck it'll be like the intermittent wiper story. I'll just wait until someone else sells fifty million of them, then sue them for a royalty. I'm rich! I'm rich rich rich!
Quick, file that patent application! And make sure somebody preserves this web site as evidence! For a nominal fee (15% sounds about right) I will testify in your favor when it goes to court. As long as these things take, however, it will likely be your grandchildren who get rich rather than you. No grandchildren? Leave it all to Australian Shepard Rescue.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Jan. 05, 2009 8:39 pm

stoker-man wrote:try to induce a coil with that massive electromagnetic field
Maybe a good idea.... that would probably stop the fuel injected cars from stalling in front of the house. ;)
rberq wrote:Quick, file that patent application!
If you want your 15%, YOU file! Heheee! I've found patents aren't worth much, tis better to just start production and sell, sell, sell. Once the 100th order comes in I'll start production. :)

OldAA130
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by OldAA130 » Mon. Jan. 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Did somebody say propane?????

:blowup:

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. Aug. 24, 2009 9:36 pm

If you are letting the gases go up the chimney you are losing energy! Coke is coal that has been heated to allow the gas to be released and that energy is then used. The blue flame is what you want to see before the coal is used as this is the distillation process prior to the combustion of the rest of the coal prior to ash and (clinkers if you have are unlucky) to being emptied.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”