UP and RUNNING

RON1958
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert 600
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: chestnut , buck

Post by RON1958 » Tue. Mar. 14, 2023 9:17 am

Well The 600 is going strong. It took me over a year and much more money than I expected but this girl is sweet. Got her going Friday morning. Easy start and a bit of air bleeding from lines and she's been chugging along. House and shop with one fire, that was my goal. I sure wanna thank all of you that answered my questions along the way and the fella at Mark's Supply( walking dictionary) for all the help. I have no one even close here to go to so you all were needed. The day's of cutting, splitting and lugging firewood are over for this guy. Hell, I haven't gone outside for 3 days except to peek on in my new girl. lol Now to build a indoor coal bin. Thanks Again

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Mar. 14, 2023 9:30 am

Glad to hear it. Do you have any pictures to share?

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Tue. Mar. 14, 2023 4:09 pm

Glad to hear! How did your bin pipe turn out? Did you end up going with stainless like I mentioned? I to wonder if you have any pictures to share?

RON1958
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert 600
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: chestnut , buck

Post by RON1958 » Thu. Mar. 16, 2023 8:04 am

Yep, I bought a S.S pipe, $$$ WOW but I believe it was great idea. Called Marks Supply and he said cut straight off and have auger sticking out 6 inches. Been working great so far. Going on two weeks. Im not real good at tech stuff. I'll need to figure out posting pics.

Idlorah
Stoker Coal Boiler: Allen 700 stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibralter MCC
Coal Size/Type: Buck in the Allen and anything goes in the MCC, Anthracite
Other Heating: None, maybe some wood in the MCC in the shoulder season

Post by Idlorah » Thu. Mar. 16, 2023 3:32 pm

RON1958 wrote:
Thu. Mar. 16, 2023 8:04 am
Yep, I bought a S.S pipe, $$$ WOW but I believe it was great idea. Called Marks Supply and he said cut straight off and have auger sticking out 6 inches. Been working great so far. Going on two weeks. Im not real good at tech stuff. I'll need to figure out posting pics.
Is a big investment up front but worth in because it will not rust out in a few years like regular black pipe. Adding photos is not to difficult. Im sure there is a thread on here that explains the process but in short all you would need to do is

1- go into the full editor reply mode. no the small one on the bottom of the thread there is a button that says full editor.
2- at the to bottom of the page in full editor there is an attachments button. click on that.
3- click the ad files button the it should open a folder on your device. select the photo or photos you want.
4- after a photo is selected it will up load to this site once it is up loaded click the place inline button and some text will appear in your reply. that is the photo once you hit submit you will see your phot in the thread.

Hope this helps

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”