DF520 Jackets

Schmer24
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm DF 520, Yellow Flame Model A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker, Keystoker 90,000 Direct Vent, Legacy Super Magnum
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning A-400
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Rice

Post by Schmer24 » Mon. Jan. 23, 2023 12:16 pm

Hi All

I recently purchased a mix and match special on facebook and completely restored it. The boilertop is a 2012 made DF 520 the base is a round door era base paired with ap520 jackets that have the large swinging door on the front. the jackets themselves arent in bad shape but if possible i'd like to obtain a set of the DF versions and make this thing look 100%. I'd be willing to part with as a trade or sell the jackets i have to anyone interested. A little about the restoration it got new grates, all new gaskets, new worm bushing, new worm, new gooseneck bushing, and the base was welded, strengthened, and repaired. Had to purchase an additional stoker unit because the gooseneck was hammered in the mix and match special and a new one at marks is over 500. In all I got 900 into purchasing the used unit, 250 for the extra stoker for the gooseneck (now have the rest as bonus spare parts), 380 for the grates, around 100 for misc gaskets, shear pins, cotter pins, furnace cement, etc). Also came with all controls fittings valves timer etc. It has old school honeywell mercury timer. Also invested in a modine 33,000 btu for 300 on facebook as well and the necessary parts to make it a zone for my basement

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Jan. 23, 2023 12:26 pm

The older jackets with the swinging door will fit the DF520. I know this because I have a set of those covers on mine. 8-)

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sun. Jan. 29, 2023 7:35 pm

I possibly have a complete set of DF jackets laying outside between the truck shops that were on a parts boiler I bought. They have been out in the weather for a year or two, they would at the very least need sanded down and painted. If you want me to, I can take a closer look tomorrow and see if they are half decent… I was planning to scrap all of that stuff soon anyhow.

You may be holding out for some that are in a little better shape, I won’t be insulted. 🙂

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”