VA-600 Controls

RON1958
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert 600
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: chestnut , buck

Post by RON1958 » Thu. Jan. 19, 2023 8:42 am

So I will have one pump that pumps 24/7. Have a hanging radiator in shop 20 ft. away controlled with aqua stat and also 150 ft. to house passing through a heat exchanger on hot air furnace. What controls do I need screwed in or hanging on my boiler?

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Sat. Jan. 21, 2023 6:12 pm

Some friendly advice first;

Go to www.heatinghelp.com go to the bookstore page and
purchase the following books written by Dan Holohan.

You can safely purchase these paperback books with a
credit car and Mr. Holohan ships them to you directly
and all profits go to the Author.

CLASSIC HYDRONICS; PUMPING AWAY; HOW COME and QUICK AND BASIC HYDRONIC CONTROLS.

These 4 books will help you plumb your system correctly.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Jan. 23, 2023 8:09 am

RON1958 wrote:
Thu. Jan. 19, 2023 8:42 am
So I will have one pump that pumps 24/7. Have a hanging radiator in shop 20 ft. away controlled with aqua stat and also 150 ft. to house passing through a heat exchanger on hot air furnace. What controls do I need screwed in or hanging on my boiler?
It depends on how you want to control everything. The circulator that runs all the time is easy, you can just put that on a switch. The shop radiator you can do a couple different ways. Some guys like to keep the piping hot all the time and just run the fan as needed with a line voltage thermostat, or you can run the circulator only when needed via a thermostat and relay. Same for the house - do you want that loop to stay hot or only when there is a heat call?

RON1958
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert 600
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Coal Size/Type: chestnut , buck

Post by RON1958 » Mon. Jan. 23, 2023 9:42 am

I would like both sides to be hot full time. I already have shop radiator in place and with line voltage aqua stat on it. On house side it goes to heat exchanger on top Hot air oil furnace. House thermostat calls for heat furnace fan kicks on. I'm plumbing now and did place the box with hi-lo stuff on side of boiler. The ones left are a timer with a glass globe on it that screws into boiler. A box with coil mounted on a circuit board, and box with coil, contact/relay and place for thermostat wires ? These last two don't screw into boiler, just hand someplace?

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”