VA-600 chain and shear pin question.

mjm4jc

Post by mjm4jc » Tue. Jan. 03, 2023 10:53 pm

Hello there coal burning brothers,
I ran out of shear pins and am wondering where you guys are getting them for Van Werts? I know Joe has them in Shenandoah, but I've been there a few times in the last month and don't feel like making another trip, lol. I think that the notion that any ole brass rod with work is probably not wise. I'm assuming that shear pins for stokers have a "break threshhold" and are brand specific. Is there any place online I can order some? I believe that they're 3/16" in diameter.

I also have a question about the gearbox chain. After doing all the work that I recently did, I noticed when everything was back together, I have very little slack in the chain. If I remember correctly, it used to have pretty much slack. The rod that helps hold up the transfer head is not over-extending........I made sure. So I don't know why the difference in chain tension. Also, I would like to have a new chain, as this one has never been changed. Is that also something that I can purchase online? Or is it specific to Van Wert, and I need to get it from the dealer?

Thanks!
Mike

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Wed. Jan. 04, 2023 1:11 am

I sent you a PM to read first.

lzaharis

nepacoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4 / "Kelly" and an EFM 520 at my in-laws
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-260 - retired
Coal Size/Type: Buck

Post by nepacoal » Wed. Jan. 04, 2023 5:16 am

Mark's will mail them to you... No need to make the drive.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”