Need Boiler Technician Recommendations

h0ser81
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by h0ser81 » Tue. Dec. 20, 2022 8:40 pm

I've discovered quite a few issues on my inherited EFM 520 and I don't know if I'm going to make it through the winter. Looking for a service guy in the western end of Schuylkill county. So far I've got a flo-chek that rattles constantly, no thumb screw adjustment helps. I've got a fill valve that never shuts off, I had to manually turn off the water supply at the gate valve, and tonight after several complaints of little hot water I noticed my tankless coil is severely corroded to the point I'm afraid it's going to fail. So if you could point me in any direction I'd appreciate it. I've done basic maintenance but this is out of my league.

LTStorm07
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1980 EFM DF520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska Stoker II
Other Heating: Heat pump / Propane

Post by LTStorm07 » Wed. Dec. 21, 2022 12:52 pm

Give Scrapper_Jr (we know him on the forum as this) a call who owns Wilhelm's Northeast Anthracite Heating LLC. They're out of Pine Grove and is an EFM, Leisure Line and DS Stove dealer. They will take care of you for sure!

Phone: (570) 527-0992
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Wilhelms-Northeast-Anthr ... 119102818/

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Wed. Dec. 21, 2022 5:51 pm

Steve Wilhelm is a really nice guy. His wife works with him and is very knowledgeable, when I was looking at an efm to buy from a friend he stopped at my house to look things over for quite a while, no rush. Didn’t even hassle me when I decided on the keystoker and didn’t need his services, Joe drumheller is a plumber in the pine grove area as well who is an efm dealer.

LTStorm07
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1980 EFM DF520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska Stoker II
Other Heating: Heat pump / Propane

Post by LTStorm07 » Wed. Dec. 21, 2022 9:50 pm

100% agree with Retro's statements. I have a fully restored 1980 efm 520 DF that Steve and his wife did for me. Literally looks and functions as if it were brand new. I believe he even builds the bases stronger than those from the factory. When I picked it up, they had it completely assembled and waiting for me, then piece by piece took it apart to teach me how to do the whole thing on my own. Was amazing customer service there...

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Thu. Dec. 22, 2022 7:38 am

Steve helped me fix my efm af-150 when it broke. Found his ad on the wall at the grocery store.
I had the pot auger break and the pot bushing was bad and the short pipe had holes in it and was seized to the pot and all the bolts broke. He spent the whole evening helping me get it fixed up so i had heat and my pipes didn't freeze. We never did get the pot and the stoker apart, man that's heavy!

I got my efm 350 from Steve and couldn't be happier. Wanted to buy from Matt at leisure line too but Matt understood that the used efm was 1/5 of his boiler. Matt helped me dial in my alaska stove yrs ago.

Thanks so much to the Coalpail family! God bless all of you!

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Thu. Dec. 22, 2022 10:10 am

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”