Used S130 Coal Gun by Alternate Heating Systems

OSIRIS

Post by OSIRIS » Sat. Nov. 05, 2022 4:23 pm

I have a used S130 Coal Gun hot water boiler for sale, manufactured by Alternate Heating Systems, featuring thermal ash monitoring control, and belt drive. I bought this in 2010 and used it as the main heat source for my home. It does have the ASME stamp, but the boiler’s ID plate is rusted, so the stamp is barely discernable. I would imagine the manufacturer could confirm it having the stamp based on the serial number.
Admittedly, the boiler would not win any beauty contests as it has seen hard service, but it works flawlessly. Any rust stains you see in the photos is from when an air vent failed during the summer, and I didn’t notice the leak for a while because it is in a separate outbuilding with underground piping to my house. There is nothing wrong with the boiler whatsoever. I just converted to natural gas this summer.

I am thinking $3,800 is a reasonable ask.

The boiler is located in the Wilkes-Barre PA area.

I am happy to answer any questions if anyone is interested.

Dudest
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130
Coal Size/Type: Anth. Pea
Other Heating: Lopi Liberty

Post by Dudest » Mon. Nov. 14, 2022 3:31 pm

Considering parting it out?

OSIRIS

Post by OSIRIS » Mon. Nov. 14, 2022 4:45 pm

No, I would not, but I am willing to consider a reasonable offer. There is not a thing wrong this this boiler. It works great. I am curious what parts you are after.

Dudest
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130
Coal Size/Type: Anth. Pea
Other Heating: Lopi Liberty

Post by Dudest » Tue. Nov. 15, 2022 10:50 am

I just bought a refurb last year for 4k. I would be interested in the belt drive assy. Refurb I got was directly from AHS. Looks brand new.

OSIRIS

Post by OSIRIS » Tue. Nov. 15, 2022 11:14 am

I appreciate the follow-up reply. It is helpful to know your refurbished unit went for $4,000. I assume what you bought has a direct drive.

I would like to sell this boiler and am open to reasonable offers, but parting it out is not an option. I need the whole thing gone. I wish I could be of more help.

OSIRIS

Post by OSIRIS » Sat. Jun. 24, 2023 2:46 pm

If anyone is interested, I still have this S130 Coal Gun for sale, and I have drooped my asking price to $2,900.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”