AA130 cyclone seperator funnel

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Wed. Dec. 28, 2022 6:36 pm

mozz wrote:
Wed. Dec. 28, 2022 2:44 pm
Definitely responds faster than stock, but it seems to always drop lower than 120f due to cold intake air, maybe i can run at 110f-115f.
What Hysteresis do you have it set at?

Hysteresis is effectively the differential. The differential on the factory Anthrastat is either 10 or 20 degrees, I don't remember which because its been years since I used one. So if you want it to act like an Anthrastat, use the same differential. One of the advantages of using this controller is you can more tightly control the ash temp. I have my hysteresis set at 0.3*.

As far ash ashing temp goes, I would leave it where you had the Anthrastat set if that worked before. Lowering it will make the fire higher and smaller.

-Don

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Wed. Dec. 28, 2022 7:05 pm

Problems with the anthrastats acting up which is why i went to the digital. Will have to look at the sheet/scroll thru my settings to see what i have everything set at, and write it all down.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Wed. Dec. 28, 2022 9:15 pm

I believe they come pre programmed at .3 hysterics

mozz

Post by mozz » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 1:31 pm

Shoutout to welder1186, he made me a new auger end sleeve. Highly recommended if you have feed problems, worn out, flights worn. Fit right over the end after i wire welded my flight to the tube which was sticking out again. I also recommend if the flight is loose that it be welded to the tube. :evil: :evil: :evil: Think he also makes a bearing roller repair sleeve. He also told me there may be other parts he will be making in the future. Not to take away from driving to Williamsport (have done twice in the past), but i would rather spend less money on a repair sleeve than buy a whole auger, which i am sure has to be close to $1000 by now.

Here are the pictures of the Inkbird, relay, and new housing. I added a type K thermocouple to exactly where the factory anthrastat was. Actually there are 2 in case one does fail i can just move 2 wires. It is 300mm which is 11.8" very close to the original length. It's from Amazon, will get you part numbers if needed. I wanted close to the factory positioning and it only took a washer on each side then reach under to tighten. Am running at 115f as that is working a tiny bit better than 120f. Used the external relay version (only a few $ more) because that is that part that is switching the current and most likely to fail, and easily replaced. Coils have inductive kickback and knowing how Chinese electronics are made (garbage) I'd rather spend a few more dollars. I also put in a line/surge filter on the AC input, good for a few amps, can't hurt. All and all, my ash is looking just like it used to and house is a nice steady warm, maybe I am good for another 15 years? Pictures below.
i1.jpg
.JPG | 142.8KB | i1.jpg
i2.jpg
.JPG | 137.5KB | i2.jpg
i3.jpg
.JPG | 130.2KB | i3.jpg
i4.jpg
.JPG | 122.3KB | i4.jpg
i5.jpg
.JPG | 104KB | i5.jpg
i6.jpg
.JPG | 144.2KB | i6.jpg

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 3:40 pm

Looks good man!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 7:42 pm

Wow, thats a nice install!

Fuse, power filter, spare sensor all in one neat box.

-Don

mozz

Post by mozz » Fri. Jan. 06, 2023 8:38 pm

Problem i had this morning was, house seemed just a touch cold, went down the basement to check. Twisted belt had jumped off the pulley so no feeding of coal. Fire was almost out but no call for heat or low limit yet. I guess i caught it just in time though i would have checked it anyway before leaving the house. There was a small piece missing from the belt, so when i put it back on it would make 1 turn then jump off again. I had a few of those Kevlar green belts i had purchased as spares and never used. I put one of the kevlar belts on and now appears to fine, belt is not too tight but not slapping around loose, should be good now.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”