KA2 Problem & Solution!

Kungur

Post by Kungur » Wed. Jun. 29, 2022 7:02 am

I run our KA2 year round and it is great for keeping the basement dry while providing DHW all summer. But lstely I have been having quite a few out fires. So I decided to really get into it. Vac the flue pipes,vac the finds underneath the stoker and then take the stoker apart to give it a good cleaning.
While apart I called Keystoker and they said check the fit of the "pusher bar" for slop side to side. Yep! Quite abit. They told me to replace the nylon guide screws. These are the original from 2012. So a trip to Mcmaster/Carr! Only need 8 screws of 2 lengths but had to buy bags of 100. Still cheaper than shipping from Keystoker. Had to drill out 3 of the screws and retap. Now I just need a few inches of gasket material. A old hardware store is on my stop list this morning.
Glad it happened in June!

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Wed. Jun. 29, 2022 8:54 am

Well done sir! Good stories like this may help others and give the motivation to dive into some good troubleshooting. Cheaper to replace a few bolts then replace a stoker unit. Good job 👍

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 6:08 am

Nice catch,Mister! Try the hardware store on Burton Square! They're on the Northeast corner! They're getting to be the last of their kind in our area.

Kungur

Post by Kungur » Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 7:47 am

I'm going to Hill Hardware in Burton today. They have the door gasket material I need.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”