Looking for best stove

Jkist226
Stoker Coal Boiler: Looking

Post by Jkist226 » Fri. Mar. 18, 2022 1:40 pm

The good thing is we have all those permits and site designs done. Now is getting them in. We actually start clearing next week. Me and my buddy gonna do it. He has excavating company so I lucked out there. The plan now is to build the three car garage as was planned with the home build and then put a small apartment above for some time before we put the full house adjoined to it. It’s not gonna be pretty but it’ll be worth being where we want to be and building the homestead type deal while we save and watch the markets for the house. I did look into Morton the issue is around here they are skeptical because they are not “traditional” homes so mortgage companies don’t give much for a construction loan due to its non traditional nature they don’t believe it’ll appraise or resale will be high. Which doesn’t make sense to me after doing all the research on them especially when it comes to heating and cooling costs being lower, no maintenance on paint like you said and the durability of the steal. Trying to get locked into a rate shortly so it doesn’t hike up even more by end of year like they predict.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Mar. 18, 2022 6:19 pm

Still lookin for pix on this project. :)

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Fri. Mar. 18, 2022 9:38 pm

You should contact the folks at Essex Structural Steel in Cortland, New York to get exactly what you need in one effort as it will be a one and done affair. Essex has been making and assembling insulated steel buildings since 1972.

Essex Structural Steel also meets or exceed building codes blue prints for 15 states including The State of Pennsylvania so keep that in mind.

There is no point in reinventing the wheel here when you can pour one slab and have everything including a NFPA walled off boiler room for the stoker and the covered coal pile/coal room in one building.

ww.essexsteel.com

Cassy0110

Post by Cassy0110 » Thu. Nov. 03, 2022 4:42 am

I agree that you need a portable generator. I've recently purchased Generac iQ3500 Source: https://www.propaneva.com/best-generac-generators
I have owned other generac products before and have been disappointed by them, ironically the last generac generator I owned was a gp3300, and that model was a standard pull start model not inverted and not clean power.

This is the total opposite of that.

This thing is totally silent, so quiet we chained it to one of the blocks at our fireworks tent for we were afraid someone might steal it.

Anyway I got this to directly replace the noisy older GP 3300 and I have to say this is one of the best generators I have ever owned. As mentioned this thing is near silent, even under full load it's near silent. It provides roughly 3100 Watts continuously for our purposes.

Dudest
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130
Coal Size/Type: Anth. Pea
Other Heating: Lopi Liberty

Post by Dudest » Fri. Nov. 04, 2022 7:04 am

Im in Tully N.Y love my S130, thinking about adding a propane tankless water heater and tieing it into the radiant floor as a back up.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Fri. Nov. 04, 2022 11:24 am

Dudest wrote:
Fri. Nov. 04, 2022 7:04 am
Im in Tully N.Y love my S130, thinking about adding a propane tankless water heater and tieing it into the radiant floor as a back up.
I like that idea, is it feasible?

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”