Leisure Line Pocono hi low settings

Crazyfarmer
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Eagle foundry company BELLEVille Illinois 42L 16

Post by Crazyfarmer » Mon. Nov. 01, 2021 10:07 pm

Could somebody give me a idea of what their Hi/low settings are. I’ve been tinkering with mine the past two nights better burn the second night but still fine tuneing. I am at about 46 on the high and I keep going up baseline from the factory I believe is six on the low and 43 on the high. Still have yet to see coal all the way down to the end . Slow process but I’d rather do that then go to fast and have to bring it back down.

Fox
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisureline pocono top vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice coal
Other Heating: Haha yeah right !

Post by Fox » Mon. Nov. 01, 2021 11:25 pm

Mine is set at 4-40. Feed rate is currently at 1 while the stove is idling.

I've attached a image of my feeder grate as it looks right now.

Attachments

20211101_230905.jpg
.JPG | 591.4KB | 20211101_230905.jpg

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Tue. Nov. 02, 2021 6:22 am

factory setting are pretty close to what it should be, i have a LL Hyfire, and run 10 and 45 I think. the MIN maintains idle fire. Just don't go too low. you could loose your draft. I run mine a little higher, since I have a very tall brick chimney and like to keep it warmer to keep a good draft.
Unless you are calling for heat for a long period and your FR is 99, you may not see a full grate of burning coals. If you do, you should have about 1" of ash at the end. always make small changes and let it catch up for a couple hours or so. before making any other changes.

Crazyfarmer

Post by Crazyfarmer » Tue. Nov. 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Thank you both for the information I still haven’t had a full set of coals. But learned a little bit more and at least my fans turned off from running all day long from Start up. I was only running at 35% I finally got it to 43% but I’m up to temperature so I will take your information it will help me out a lot in the future

Crazyfarmer

Post by Crazyfarmer » Tue. Nov. 02, 2021 7:41 pm

This is mine I’m set at 6 low 43 high But I think my feed rate at idle is at 1 now. What are your temperatures in how many square feet are you heating I have it set at 71 and Call troll thermostat is about 18 feet away upstairs Is 68.

Attachments

WNY

Post by WNY » Thu. Nov. 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Just adjust a few points at a time and wait long enough, a few hours for it to settle. the MAX will only be affected at FULL Burn rate of FR=99. anything below that will vary the feed rates and blower speeds. I've had my coaltrol for a long time and usually don't mess with it now that its set. Mine only run FR=99 when it's really cold out (below 20F or so) and it's doing all it can to keep up. I've max it out many times to try and heat this big old victorian. sometimes you have to find a happy temperature it can maintain without maxing out all the time. Mine is around 65-66 upstairs, otherwise it just runs and runs all the time. GOod luck! LOL.

Crazyfarmer

Post by Crazyfarmer » Sat. Nov. 27, 2021 5:56 am

Thanks! How hot is your cabinet when it’s running all the time? How warm is the room that the Pocono is in?

WNY

Post by WNY » Mon. Nov. 29, 2021 7:08 am

FEED RATE will vary depending on heat requirements. it can go from 0-99. you cannot change that, it will automatically raise or lower as needed depending on your thermostat setting. It takes time for it to catch up and settle out. sometimes an hour or two. make small adjustments.

also, what others use for settings may or may not always be the same as yours, it also depends on your stove, draft, adjustments, heating requirements, etc...

Min is for IDLE burn, don't go too low and loose your draft.
(I have my Hyfire at 10, i have a very tall brick chimney, like to keep a good draft).
usually once set, you shouldn't have to adjust it.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”