Coal Gun wiring

MINO

Post by MINO » Mon. Oct. 18, 2021 11:31 am

Quick question for the coal gun guys... S260 in garage circulating 24/7 thru primary loop thru 6 zone manifold with zone valves with one circulator to feed the zones as needed in the house and back out to garage (domestic is also pulled off this loop also).... I currently have taco zone control box with TT out to fire the triple aquastat on my boiler ....well now i pulled boiler out of the house and just using manifold only so question is do i use a TACO switching relay to with 24v to 120v to turn circulator on? or should i do a Tee with a well on the feed line and use a triple aquastat for the circulator control? I cant wrap my head around since the coal guns run independently of circulator control and act like a outdoor wood boiler with a set it and forget it that if the circulator is running on a call for heat and the loop temp drops that it would continue to operate the circulator and wont give any recovery time or is it better to let it run non stop on a heat cycle until the zone is satisfied..... Hope you can understand what im talking about LOL...

Jkohanski
Stoker Coal Boiler: ahs s260
Coal Size/Type: pea
Other Heating: fuel oil

Post by Jkohanski » Thu. Nov. 18, 2021 9:57 pm

I run my 260 in an out building, circ 24/7, but to existing oil boiler. did need to change any thermo wiring. sounds like your doing the same, so zone control valves to t-stats via taco box should be all you need. do not need to fire the boiler.

Dudest
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130
Coal Size/Type: Anth. Pea
Other Heating: Lopi Liberty

Post by Dudest » Thu. Dec. 02, 2021 6:27 pm

Not sure if this is the best setup. My S130 primary loop circ only runs when the induction fan is running. Zone circ runs depending on thermostat call. Works good for me.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”