"HELP" Honeywell 883 timer replacement needed!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Thu. Apr. 08, 2021 7:57 am

Going Forward,You've just learned one Helluva Lot through this! I'd definitely listen to Wogs! Get yourself to Mark's and absorb all You can! Stay in touch here,and that oughta just about ice the cake for Ya'!

Muley
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic
Coal Size/Type: 1/2"

Post by Muley » Wed. Feb. 21, 2024 5:49 pm

I need one of these!! I don't suppose you could give me the info for the guy who has another one??? :|

Mark

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Wed. Feb. 21, 2024 7:40 pm

Muley wrote:
Wed. Feb. 21, 2024 5:49 pm
I need one of these!! I don't suppose you could give me the info for the guy who has another one??? :|

Mark
I have one, but I've replaced mine with a digital one - far superior, looks like you have the thermostat wires hooked in. this might complicate things. Mine goes "CLICK CLACK CLICK" everynow and then, I think the windings are either dirty or the points weren't making good contact. What boiler do you have this connected to and do you have a triple aquastat controlling temp and zoning?

Muley
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic
Coal Size/Type: 1/2"

Post by Muley » Thu. Feb. 22, 2024 10:13 am

It's not a boiler. It's a Stokeamatic coal furnace. It has a thermostat on the top wall of the furnace bin, and a thermostat on the wall upstairs. I noticed one side of the contacts were burned, sanded them down and got them clean.
Seems to be working for now and shutting off again, but don't know how long it's going to last. If yours is doing the click clack dance, your points are bad which is my same problem. Thanks anyway.

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Thu. Feb. 22, 2024 7:51 pm

Muley wrote:
Thu. Feb. 22, 2024 10:13 am
It's not a boiler. It's a Stokeamatic coal furnace. It has a thermostat on the top wall of the furnace bin, and a thermostat on the wall upstairs. I noticed one side of the contacts were burned, sanded them down and got them clean.
Seems to be working for now and shutting off again, but don't know how long it's going to last. If yours is doing the click clack dance, your points are bad which is my same problem. Thanks anyway.
Yup, I had filed mine lightly and it seemed to help. buy this timer, you won't regret it, so easy and reasonably priced:
New Solid State Timer

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”