Have been "hibernating" all summer.

clahring
Stoker Coal Boiler: slant fin steam boiler
Coal Size/Type: anything that will go through the auger on my stoker'
Other Heating: also burn wood in same furnace

Post by clahring » Thu. Sep. 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Last weekend got my 1500 pound Keystoker - K10 down into my basement. Have an outside access and that was what we used. No way in the world you could get it down there if you did not have an outside access. So next is hooking up the steam lines, return and the other stuff. Already here in Michigan it is cooling way off. I want to say to everyone that Keystoker has been the best at fixing any and every problem I have encountered. When we got it down the basement I was looking at how to connect the furnace to my chimney. The furnace has a "ten inch" outlet on the back. The new "chimney pipe I bought was 10". The larger end would not fit over the outlet on the furnace and the crimped end would not fit inside the outlet. I contacted them by email and within a day they replied -- they would send me some kind of collar.

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Thu. Sep. 10, 2020 4:34 pm

I am glad to hear that you are doing well and the boiler is in the basement.

Don't forget that you can use both of the tapping's in the steam jacket to feed steam into the house by connecting them to a 3 inch drop header to the single pipe and then you will have a boiler that will make dry steam very quickly and respond to heat calls with the dry steam to heat your home.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Sep. 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Sometimes a second pass with a set of crimping pliers can make the difference. The factory crimp is just enough to get it to mate with another piece of stovepipe.

What did Keystoker have to say about your piping arrangement?

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”