KA 6 How Do I Set the Draft and the Feed Rate? Anything Else

JOE.G

Post by JOE.G » Fri. Jul. 25, 2008 9:40 pm

When I receive my stove I was wondering what I will need to do besides hook it up, I know I need to set the draft in the fire box and the chimmney, Any tips on how to do that would be great, I also know I need to adjust teh feed rate, How do I do this? Any thing else Ineed to do? Thanks

ART52
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystorker KA22
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by ART52 » Fri. Jul. 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Joe every thing will come with the stoker :) for setup and how to run it.read all instructions and you will be OK ... Good luck :) Art52

beatle78

Post by beatle78 » Sat. Jul. 26, 2008 11:28 am

art6 is right, read the manual, try to set it up then post questions as you go.

btw, you know your bought a boiler and not a stove right?

JOE.G

Post by JOE.G » Sun. Jul. 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah I know I have a boiler, thanks though.
I thought I had read somewhere that the keystoker manual is not the greatest.

Also if I ordered a left hand door, which side of the stove would it be on if I was looking at the hopper?

sterling40man
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6

Post by sterling40man » Mon. Jul. 28, 2008 6:34 am

Joe,

For a KA-6, imagine puttting your chest up against the end of the hopper. If you want a right side boiler, then the doors would be on your right and vice versa.

JOE.G

Post by JOE.G » Mon. Jul. 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Will teh manual tell you where and how to check the draft? Before or after the baro damper? Which would you set first teh fire chamber? which I beleive you use the electric air motor to adjust and the baro damper which is what you use to adjust chimmney draft. Thanks

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Thu. Jul. 31, 2008 5:16 am

The manual should cover everything about the draft. Are you using a chimney? I assume you are. The draft is controlled and set by the barometric damper. You check the draft through a hole in the fire door or whatever you want to call it, it is the door above the ash door. The blower is adjusted so that you don't blow more air in than your chimney is taking out thereby creating a positive pressure inside of the boiler, the firebox area of the boiler of course. All of this will be far more obvious and easier to understand when you have your boiler and go to install it you will then be able to see what everyone is talking about.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”