Help Stoker-Man, I Need a Measurement

Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
e.alleg
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Post Thu. Jul. 24, 2008 10:04 pm

Stokerman (or anyone else with a new efm 520 boiler), can you measure the space between the water jackets behind the baffles please? I would like to clean my boiler without buying the online only horseshoe shaped brush plus shipping, so if I know what size round brush to use I can just get one from the hardware store for $8. I would like to shut down just long enough to clean the unit but not so long as to have the water cool off.
Burning coal is definitely worth the extra work involved.
"Good enough" is not good enough.

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

coal berner
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post Fri. Jul. 25, 2008 1:07 am

Ed. A 2" Round Noodel brush with a 3 ft Handel The Space Between the Heat Exchangers Ar 1 3/4 " From the back to the front Door is 3 ft Take the two baffel plates out and go threw there ;)
J.C.

Heating house & water with a 1986 electric furnace man DF520 using buckwheat Anthracite coal

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic and Steam)”