Boiler Availability

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sat. Jul. 26, 2008 3:14 am

Freddy wrote:How come it's a penny for your thoughts, then we get 2 cents worth?

I think the rice thing is temporary....like wood pellets right now... give it a few months & I think they'll be enough for those that need it. Maybe I'm wrong!
I had it in my head that when coal was mined it came out in big chunks then was ground to size, but I guess it's not like that. Simply, they mine it and screen it. They get what they get. If they have to grind it to a smaller size it's expensive, time consuming, and hard on the machinery. I would think that if Rice size continued to be more and more popular and they have to grind it, that they'd have to raise the price of Rice.
Freddy Rice Is always Hard to get it is The # 1 Seller Lots of Stoker stoves Stoker boilers & Stoker Furnaces out there
The shortage of Rice is always in the Winter This Year it is Different do to everybody going back to coal or Just Starting
to use it By The Way it looks Now it will not be so Temporary All of the breakers are Running at Full tilt most are

Running 5 days a week some are Running 6 days a week with 2 shifts Remember it is only July alot of the breaker don't even run in the Summertime Most of them Shutdown for a few weeks this time of the Year Not This Year in a few weeks They all we be Running 6 days a week If pepole Think it is Tuff Now Getting Rice coal Just wait until Octorber Threw
March Most Breaker's have Huge Contracts to Fill For Local Counties & State buildings And Alot of Schools are still heated
with Anthracite And They all use a Huge amount of Anthracite coal and don't forget The Export Then you have the big
jump in Home Heating With Anthracite A Few of The breaker are already Taking there stockpile of there big size coal
and Crushing it down to make the smaller size coal like Barley & Rice I have Never seen them do that this Early
That is dunn in the Fall & Early winter I can also say That Nunn of the breaker's around here And there is alot Never

Raise There Price On Rice The Price is always the same for all sizes Except for Barley witch is 10 bucks cheaper per ton
I have Heard of breaker's doing that up North But Never seen it around Here I have Posted already if anyone that has a
stoker stoker boiler or stoker Furnace and can Burn buck witch most of the units can I would start looking to buy buck
because it is alot easier to get then Rice I would call your stoker company and ask them First if you can burn it

before you buy it Also ask if you can Mix it with Rice That way it will also Help People getting coal Instead buying all
Rice you can buy half buck Most Rice burner's can burn Buck to Call your company First The only Stoker stove / boiler
company that states on there web site That you can burn both Rice & Buck That I Know off is Keystoker Look at the
fourth line on the first Page on the link below Jerry From LL Stove has already stated on this Forum That you can Mix
Rice & Buck in his stoker stoves 60% Rice & 40% Buck If I Remember Right you may want to check that with Him

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”