Can I Add an Oil Gun to an Existing Keystoker A150?

szembek

Post by szembek » Mon. Jul. 21, 2008 11:35 am

I put in a new keystoker A150 forced air unit last year, and it worked great. I have an older oil furnace also in the basement that I use in mild weather, and as a backup unit. At the time I bought the keystoker I didn't realize that there was an option to get an oil burner on the coal furnace. So I am wondering, can I buy an oil burner and install it on my existing a150, or are the ones that come with the burner designed differently?

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Jul. 22, 2008 4:13 am

Do you have a cover Plate on the side if so there will be a hole for the oil gun so Yes you could if you do not have one
well it would be no you can't look for it open the viewing door and see if you see a Plate on the other side

szembek

Post by szembek » Tue. Jul. 22, 2008 9:10 am

Ok, I'll look into it. My current oil boiler is still working, but I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting a combo unit, since it would eliminate a chimney and allow me to clear out a large space in the basement where the oil burner is. If it were just a matter of whether or not the mounting plat was there though, it would seem like something that could still be installed, you'd just have to cut a hole for the burner.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”