Find a old stoker coal furnace anyone know what it is and worth?

christack
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Brunco

Post by christack » Sat. Dec. 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Find this one today .The guy said his dad bought the house new in the 30s and it was in it looks in good shape . Does anyone know how good these heat and what is it worth ? Thanks

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. Dec. 29, 2019 9:13 am

Welcome to the forum.

From the pictures it looks like and old cast iron boiler with a Stokol automatic feed stoker in it. I am not familiar with Stokol stokers but I know they have been out of business for many decades. This means that the parts you would need to restore it you would have to make yourself.

In reality, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It is a really neat piece of history but most likely it will take a lot of work, parts and money to turn it into the heat monster it once was. If you like it and are willing to fix it , it is worth more than it's scrap weight value, but not a lot more.

-Don

christack

Post by christack » Sun. Dec. 29, 2019 11:41 am

Hello Don Thanks i have this one in my shop and man o man its a dragon and have used it for years and never had a probelm out of it. Love the old stove . It heats up a 30x78 with a 12 ft roof and it keeps it nice and warm . The old stove look pretty good shape the women hasnt used it in 40 years . Looks like all the parts are there . But its not a boiler . At first i thought it was too . The thing is about 10ft long and i did turn the feeder and it wasnt stuck. Hoperfully i will get it for a pretty good price he price it for 500 then went to 400. I offered 150 for it and i may go up to 250.

Attachments

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Dec. 29, 2019 11:44 am

Sounds like a plan C-------------

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. Dec. 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a hot air furnace.

For the prices you are talking about, yeh, it's a good deal. My pain threshold for a stoker boiler that I just want to play with is in the 400 to 500 dollar range.

We would like to see more pictures of this unit. I don't think there are any real life pictures of a Stokol stoker on this forum.

-Don

christack

Post by christack » Sun. Dec. 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello Don Here is a few pictures of my old stokol and stove. I have had it over 25 years with no problems and i still use it almost ever day.

gmadaras

Post by gmadaras » Sat. Dec. 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello gents...

I have a Stokol Mercury coal stoker and am looking to sell it. I'm located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and it looks like many of you in this forum are on the east coast. Due to the weight of this unit, shipping would be too expensive. Anyone know of a similar forum that might be in my location?

Thank you!

George

Attachments

#1.jpg
.JPG | 63.3KB | #1.jpg
#2.jpg
.JPG | 64.9KB | #2.jpg
#3.jpg
.JPG | 51.7KB | #3.jpg
#4.jpg
.JPG | 46.3KB | #4.jpg
#5.jpg
.JPG | 49KB | #5.jpg
#6.jpg
.JPG | 37.3KB | #6.jpg

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Sun. Dec. 27, 2020 3:11 am

Looks like it’s missing some stuff. Do you have the rest of it?

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”