EFM 350

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Nov. 01, 2022 12:57 pm

Rob R. wrote:
Tue. Nov. 01, 2022 11:52 am
Your insulation job looks good.
Thanks! It's keeping the basement cooler and seems to be using less coal. The kitchen does not get to 80 degrees on a day over 60 degrees also lol. the chimney warms the crawl space under the kitchen and the kitchen somewhat. There is zero insulation down there lol. chimney is framed in with 2x4's but no insulation downstairs. i did insulate it upstairs in 1991 because on an exterior wall and next to the unheated attic.
I wanted to put 2" foil faced foam on the walls down there but the price doubled! Had a quote for spray foam too, 850 for the crawlspace walls, bet that's double now.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Fri. Jan. 27, 2023 6:33 pm

nepacoal wrote:
Fri. Mar. 05, 2021 6:21 pm
In your video, I heard you mention that your barometric damper was sticking... Mine stuck open during that high, high wind we had a few nights ago and set off my basement CO detector. Not sure how far back yours is sticking, but mine stuck at the farthest open point. I tried to clean it but I could still get it to stick... I gave up and put a self tapping screw in the side so it would stop it from reaching the point where it sticks... Now has about 95% travel.
Good idea! Thanks!
It looks like mine gets stuck when full open.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”