Harman vf3000

ErnieG
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman vf3000
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman I Harman III

Post by ErnieG » Sun. Apr. 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Luckily my buddy that gave it to me has a truck with a lift gate and my cellar is a walk in from my driveway..so I was able to put the boiler on a dolly and push it rite in the cellar 😉
Ernie

ErnieG
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman I Harman III

Post by ErnieG » Sun. Apr. 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Hi everyone..
Any good tips on some pre-installation maintenance on this boiler ?
Maybe some cleaning or things to check before I get it installed ?
Thanks very much..Ernie

khafner

Post by khafner » Sun. Jan. 09, 2022 8:24 pm

I have a vf3000 and did buy the oil burner kit from a legacy dealer. It is not cheap but has an excellent burner and comes with all the safety switches, box for electric change over coal to oil and new door cover that now holds the burner and the piece to block the hopper when using oil. If I was to use the vf3000 for hot water in the summer I would want the oil burner. My boiler is in my garage/shop its 42x35 and 35x30. The larger section has in floor heat. It only is used to get temp to 50 unless I am in the shop (smaller section) then turn on the hydronic unit and heat to whatever temp. Im spray foam insulated but a total of 5 overhead doors and I could keep it any reasonable temp I wanted. early and late season I use the oil. Doubt I use more than 50-60 gallons of oil a year. I have a coil on my house furnace but have not yet hooked it up. Could heat the garage to a higher temp but I am cheap.

1crusheds15
Hand Fed Coal Stove: brunco heartglow, Harman magnafire elite
Other Heating: peerless oil hot water boiler

Post by 1crusheds15 » Mon. Sep. 11, 2023 10:59 pm

I got my vf3000 for free last summer. I put it in the basement and plumbed it in parallel with my oil boiler. It heats my house and domestic hot water house is 2500 square feet

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”