Best coal boiler for hydronic in floor heating

Wood87.mw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Kaa-4
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Wood87.mw » Sat. Sep. 14, 2019 7:49 am

Redkeck wrote:
Mon. Feb. 18, 2019 1:05 pm
I’m located in Central NY. I plan on putting the boiler in the basement close to the walk out. I don’t mind filling a hopper. But the thought of auto feed is nice. A chimney has been thought of. Thanks for the input!!
Central NY? Where abouts? I’m in Dryden. I have a Kaa-4 Burns about 5ish ton a year of 50/50 buck/rice. If your not to far go see Shane a poso. He carries the keystoker line and will give you all the info and step by step guidance when installing. Hell of a guy

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Sep. 14, 2019 8:37 am

Indeed he is. He had a hell of a teacher OJT. :)

Redkeck
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaskan Gnome
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Redkeck » Sat. Sep. 14, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks!! My wife’s BFF lives in LaFayette. While the hens chirp I’ll take a ride down. I don’t think I can do anything this year. We had a 4 month delay on building our house. It will be December before we are settled. We are going to see what the cost are for the first year and see if it’s cost effective to go with coal. I still have my Alaskan Gnome that’s never let me down that I’m going to use this year as supplemental heat for the basement.

Wood87.mw wrote:
Sat. Sep. 14, 2019 7:49 am
Central NY? Where abouts? I’m in Dryden. I have a Kaa-4 Burns about 5ish ton a year of 50/50 buck/rice. If your not to far go see Shane a poso. He carries the keystoker line and will give you all the info and step by step guidance when installing. Hell of a guy

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”