Coal Gun S130/ Outdoor Show

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Mon. Feb. 04, 2019 7:27 pm

I was at the Great American Outdoor Show this past weekend it was nice to see AHS there with the Coal Gun. He answered allot of questions. The show price was pretty nice as well. I wish these Coal Boiler qualified for home heating loans. With anthracite being clean burning, and an American fuel, shouldn't they qualify for EPA loans and credits?

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 12:45 am

ASea wrote:
Mon. Feb. 04, 2019 7:27 pm
I was at the Great American Outdoor Show this past weekend it was nice to see AHS there with the Coal Gun.
He answered a lot of questions.
The show price was pretty nice as well. I wish these Coal Boilers qualified for home heating loans.
With anthracite being clean burning, and an American fuel, shouldn't they qualify for EPA loans and credits?
=============================================================================================

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE,

I bet it was $6,500.00 eh? You can purchase a coal stoker boiler with a personal loan if you have the income to repay the loan.

Since neither Anthracite Coal or Bituminous Coal is not a renewable fuel and the stoker does not use biomass like wood pellets for fuel it is not something the folks at the EPA, NYSERDA and other states energy saving programs have no interest in it and it is doomed to stay in the backround.

If you can purchase an AHS130 from a dealer that will install it for you all the better and it is preferable to do that from a service and warranty repair standpoint. If not, you will be better off hiring a steam licensed plumber to do the work as most plumbers will not even consider installing a hand fed coal boiler or a coal stoker boiler.

Once you start burning coal and the boiler is operating correctly with "good controls" you will save a lot of money on heating costs. If your home is well insulated you will also save more money on coal as the coal you buy will last longer stretching your coal supply every month for heating the home.

I no longer burn oil and do not need to use the dinosaur juice as burning coal is much more economical and using summer operating temperatures save even more coal as a fuel.

I look at this way I will save money heating my home burning coal and I have stopped burning one gallon per hour of donosaur juice and I no longer need my oil supplier to service my boiler as the oil burner has been removed permanently and has been set aside.

ASea
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120

Post by ASea » Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 10:09 am

lzaharis wrote:
Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 12:45 am
============================================================================================

I bet it was $6,500.00 eh? You can purchase a coal stoker boiler with a personal loan if you have the income to repay the loan. It was sharper than that. Cash on the barrel.

Since neither Anthracite Coal or Bituminous Coal is not a renewable fuel and the stoker does not use biomass like wood pellets for fuel it is not something the folks at the EPA, NYSERDA and other states energy saving programs have no interest in it and it is doomed to stay in the backround.

It's sad indeed. We will run out of pellets before we will run out of coal.

/quote]

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 10:19 am

I wish AHS would set up a boiler display at an exhibit in Ohio.

ASea

Post by ASea » Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 12:44 pm

lsayre wrote:
Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 10:19 am
I wish AHS would set up a boiler display at an exhibit in Ohio.
I can tell you, I was impressed! They had one that was cutaway to show the insides. What a solid, well built unit. I couldn't imagine ever wearing one out with proper maintenance. It's built like tank! Strong like bull,smart like tractor! HAHA!

hotblast1357
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
Other Heating: air source heat pump, oil furnace

Post by hotblast1357 » Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 1:15 pm

WHY DIDNT YOU TAKE ANY PICTURES????

ASea

Post by ASea » Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 1:27 pm

hotblast1357 wrote:
Tue. Feb. 05, 2019 1:15 pm
WHY DIDNT YOU TAKE ANY PICTURES????
Between that and the Heatmaster C series I was incensed! Not to mention all the Legacy hand fed Coal units!

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”