Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Mon. Nov. 26, 2018 2:50 pm

CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Tue. Nov. 27, 2018 12:17 pm

I've used it in the past. Has some nice features, including flow rates and such.

Problem is, it has a 'reachback' built into it that uses shady code and is flagged by antivirus programs- or at least it used to.

So disable your AV, download and install it, then re-enable AV and tell it to ignore the file as an exception, or remove the offending component. I reported this a few years ago, but they didn't seem interested in fixing it.

Most likely the s/w routines were included in a dev library, which isn't malicious, but it's their responsibility to remove it from their code. Perhaps they have?

Someone asked about software for this recently, so I looked for my build file (.HPV) but couldn't find it. Must've deleted it along the way.

From what I recall it was very nice for design and choosing components like pump sizes, etc. But once my system was installed and the core installation was completed, Visio seemed the better option as the notes and documenting are practically unlimited. Graphics aren't as nice, but you can make symbols- it's just time consuming.

For a system designer (pro), it would be a GREAT tool. Depends on what you need ;)

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”