Monoflo ''t'' question

Olllotj
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KB-8
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat
Other Heating: Utica Propane Hot Water

Post by Olllotj » Fri. Nov. 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Hows it working? Where are the pictures?!

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Fri. Nov. 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Olllot , I just got the system filled and pressurized . The new taps are valved off. When I get back to running pipe it should work well.

Gotta go to my real job for a few days .

Dave

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Ok, a quick update on adding in 4 additional cast iron radiators to my monoflow system.

Three were close to the loop, so they are now on the monoflow ''t''s . I have to say the monoflow ''t''s are simple and work great, good heat, no moving parts and drama free.

The one last radiator that worried me was over a hundred feet of piping from the main loop, ( total, supply and return ) . That one my buddy Dave said ''just put a curculator on it'', so that's how I did it.

It.s nice to have it done and working well now .

Thanks to all who helped me out !! :yes:

Dave

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Fri. Nov. 16, 2018 8:40 pm

The Monoflow tee is designed to be used where a radiator is connected to a loop hydronic system. It is installed on the return side of the radiator. It's designed to create a drop in pressure in the pipe that is connected to the radiator (venturi effect). Connecting one backwards on the feed side won't achieve anything other then costing you more money, monoflow tees cost a bit more then a standard tee. If you aren't building a loop system, just running the feed into the radiator then you don't need a monoflow. The advantage of a loop system over plumbing multiple radiators in series is you have a continuous flow throughout the system, all the radiators will maintain even temperature. With a series plumbed system the first radiator will be considerably hotter then the last radiator in line.

Note* I just read your last post, I guess you know what I was just explaining..lol. Glad it worked out for you.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”