Van Wert VA 600 jacket ..

bsteckel
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA600

Post by bsteckel » Mon. Aug. 20, 2018 8:33 am

Hi all ...

I would like to install the insulated jacket on my VA600 to help keep some of the heat in .. but now that the unit is plumbed and running .. I cannot figure out a good way to install it. I did not have one when I plumbed the unit .. but now it looks impossible to get on with everything hooked up. What is the best way to accomplish this ? any pics of what you did to get it on would be great!! Thanks in advance for the help !! :yes:

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Mon. Aug. 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Well, you should show us pics of how you have it plumbed.

The right side, front and front half of the top should go on with no problem. Remove the stove pipe off the back and you can get the rear piece on. Remove the drain pipe from the PRV and if your PRV is small enough, you might be able to get the rear section of the top piece over it.

Now the tricky part. The left side has both returns, the Tridicator gage and the aquastat. You can pull the aquastat off, pull the capillary tube and set it aside. If you are only using 1 return port you can cut the sheet metal in to the return hole. Then open the gap and slide it over the pipe.

The Tridicator gauge is a problem. You will either need to remove it or make the hole as big as the gauge.

If you have both return ports plumbed, that makes things more complicated too.

Good luck!

-Don

bsteckel
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA600

Post by bsteckel » Tue. Aug. 21, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks, Don .. will see if I can get some pics of what I am dealing with..

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”