Kaa-2 parts for the shelf

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Thu. Jan. 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Combustion Air fan is getting tired, I think. Got a squeak/squeal that comes, and goes. Started about a week, or so ago. Seems to be getting worse.. I have to oil more often.

Called KEYSTOKER. They are shipping me out a complete fan motor unit, along with the gear motor unit for stoker. Simply un-bolt the old, and bolt on new. Roughly $250.00 for all (including shipping).

Something to be said for readily available parts......... :)

nepacoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4 / "Kelly" and an EFM 520 at my in-laws
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-260 - retired
Coal Size/Type: Buck

Post by nepacoal » Fri. Jan. 05, 2018 5:23 am

I'm with you OP. I have a new fan, stoker motor, and circulator in my spares kit. Might not need them for years but it makes me feel better knowing they are there! I actually visited the Keystoker factory to pick up the stoker motor. Great bunch of people. I also stock a new DHW mixing valve, PRV, and taco airvent.

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Fri. Jan. 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi OP, Just out of curiosity how long has the fan motor been in service? What knd of oil do you find works best for them? Thanks Mike

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Fri. Jan. 05, 2018 10:19 pm

stovepipemike wrote:
Fri. Jan. 05, 2018 4:39 pm
Hi OP, Just out of curiosity how long has the fan motor been in service? What knd of oil do you find works best for them? Thanks Mike
Hi Mike, Without looking, I believe this is the 8th winter. It's been quiet for a day, or two now. Still works fine. However, after hearing the dry, squeaky baring sound, I went into the "be prepared" mode. Something I've been meaning to do for quite some time.

Now that parts are ordered, it's been quiet. Isn't that the way it goes.......

I buy penetrating tef-gel by the case, from Lawson Products. Last I knew, it wasn't sold in stores. Use it in my business all the time. Nice lubricant! Doesn't attract dirt. Everything around my place gets tef-gel. :lol: Tef-Gel goes in like penetrating oil, then thickens.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”